Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I think the Rossi 92 stainless would be a great choice. With a little patience and hunting you might be able to find one for under $500. Brand new they are a little $600 at the shows around here. There has been an older, blue model version, with the puma on the side plate, kicking around at the shows lately. Dealer has it pegged at around $470. I am tempted.
The Marlins are nice too but will go for $700 or way more.
John

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good information/ thoughts in here. I figured you folks would help me figure out which way to go. Never fooled with lever actions before, despite being raised on westerns, including John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart ( Winchester’73). Thanks all! Hank

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Strongly encourage you to look for a plain jane 1894 Marlin. Lighter than the Henry and loads without getting your hands near the muzzle. It can use most any optic cause it ejects to the side.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The US distributor for Rossi is now Taurus. In case you didn't know.
Which is also Heritage Manufacturing. I'm still waiting for a .22WMR cylinder I ordered 2/11 after trying to contact them since Christmas with no response or reply. Not holding out much hope I'll ever receive anything from them. Terrible company to deal with. Well, maybe except for KelTec, YMMV.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts