Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'll go first...three 686 "Pluses", all in NON-Standard Barrel Lengths...a Three-incher, a Five-incher and a Seven-incher...The Seven-inch gun is particularly UNCOMMON...depending on who you believe, there were anywhere from 67 to around 300 made!!!...

...hope you ENJOY....mikey357

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How 'bout some TITANIUM "Wheels"??? Here they come...

...from Back-to-front, they are a 520, a 386 Sc, a 646 chambered in .40 S&W and a Model 242...Hope you ENJOY....mikey357

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Mikey,
those are some interesting variations. I didn't know about the 7" or one of the Ti. guns.

Which one do you take out the most?

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Hi Mikey,
That's a nice collection of L frames you've got..

I had to pull out the SCSW3 to find out about your 5". It's interesting that it's a half-lug.. I've never seen one on a 686 before.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello Mikey
Here is a different one of Sort's. It was called a "Target Champion".This variation is a dash-1 series made for a very short time span of One Year in the late 1980's. I have seen the "Model 29 Target Champion", but never saw a 586 like this until I Purchased this one.. Hammerdown

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also have a 7" 686. I lettered it and the letter said that 60 7" 686's were shipped on 2/2/2001 to Ochsman's in Houston. These were split between 6 shot fluted and 7 shot unfluted. Mine is the 6 shot. I think that it has a great balance and it is very accurate. I have the box and it has product code 149199 on it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Here is my 586-4 its a 6" with unfluted cylinder. I talked with Roy about it and he said it was a special run but thats about all he would say with-out a letter.
It is an amazing shooter. I was shooting some of my 1100 fps reloads out to 115 paces and put 5 into a 4" circle I was resting over a buddies 4 wheeler seat.

I need to try and hunt deer with it one of these times!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
586 (no dash) BART Police commemorative, it's my favorite L-Frame that I own due to it beinq a two tone with that nickeled sideplate:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Conrad, that is klnflaianl gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
f150guy, thanks.... that was a S&W that I had been trying to find for well over 10 years. The Standard Catalog of S&W doesn't have much info on it other than listing it as a M-586 variation.

I've only seen one other like it, with different grips, it was over on the other S&W forum a few years ago. Those S&W combat's on mine are not the original grips, they were such a knockout I had to add them to the gun.

I have the original smooth target presentation grips, with the cutout in the right panel for the emblem, stored away

·
Registered
170 Posts
Someone said " only accurate guns are interesting ". Well that makes this 620 very interesting. Just returned from S&W for some warranty work and embellishments.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
ihjf that is outstanding!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts