Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These days of "Social Distancing", Limited Mobility", "Politics", "Personal & Loved Ones Health Concerns".............how about a diversion. Let's spend a little of our attention thinking and talking about guns (primarily S&W's). Let's make stainless guns our topic.

Someone once said, "Stainless guns just don't have soul". Personally, my heart is with Blued Steel........I also like Bright Nickel. However, being a practical sort. the benefits of stainless steel make them superior especially in close carry situations or humid, moist, dirty conditions........They are easier to keep clean & require less cleaning maintenance.........The finishes don't deteriorate as easily as blue or nickel.

But blue (especially "Bright" "Shiny" "Deep") makes me sigh, roll my eyes, shortens my breath and can make me drool......as in lust. Conversely, Nickel (Especially "Bright & Shiny") wearing some pearls or ivory can be sexy as all get-up and just screams, "Here I am".

My daily pocket carry is an "All Business" Model 640.....

S&WModel640-1_01.JPG

This past Fall, I ran into this 4" Model 625-9 Mountain Gun in .45 Colt.........I really like the gun and I also like the caliber, sao it joined the stable.....

S&WModel625-9MountainGun45Colt_03.JPG

S&WModel625-9MountainGun45Colt_04.JPG

Just a bit of diversion from stainless steel, how about a pair of "Sexy 'Ole Broads" (2nd Models Military & Civilian, 6" & 5", .44 & .45, Nickel with Pearls) both "batting eye lashes" and sayin, "Fondle Me Please".....

S&W2ndModelHE44Sp&45ACPNickelPair_07.JPG

So what's your thought's about stainless guns and let's show-off some examples.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Stainless.

Hey Geeze,

Sure!

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
23,324 Posts
Bill, I remember when you bought that 640 & our friend 'the gentle giant' (may he RIP) who enabled you into buying it. My 640 is a bit scratched up, a birthday present from Mrs. Injunbro a few years ago. It's almost too pretty to use & doesn't get carried a lot but shoots like no tomorrow. 20180802_160253.jpg I like stainless guns for the same reasons you stated: durability & find myself leaning more towards them. Blued guns are pretty but mine get carried a lot less than the stainless ones. Often I even carry a plastic fantastic bottom feeder - who cares if it gets banged up?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Hey 500,

Some serious "Scratchings" on that one!

Very, very nice!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
351 Posts
I prefer stainless revolvers for the reasons already stated (I do have one semi-auto — a totally worn out 1911A1). However, ROBAR in Phoenix, Arizona, has an oxidizing process to apply a black finish to stainless steel thru the use of blacking compounds. I’m still playing with the idea of having that process performed on one, or both, of my stainless revolvers. The resultant finish is just soooooo sexy . . .

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is one of my “soul-less” pieces...HA!
Well Breakaway500, it certainly has "Class"..........whether or not it has soul, only the care taker/shooter can make that determination.

Dang, that there's a purdy son-of-a-gun.

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bill, I remember when you bought that 640 & our friend 'the gentle giant' (may he RIP) who enabled you into buying it. My 640 is a bit scratched up, a birthday present from Mrs. Injunbro a few years ago. It's almost too pretty to use & doesn't get carried a lot but shoots like no tomorrow. View attachment 457409 I like stainless guns for the same reasons you stated: durability & find myself leaning more towards them. Blued guns are pretty but mine get carried a lot less than the stainless ones. Often I even carry a plastic fantastic bottom feeder - who cares if it gets banged up?
Yesiree Irv, that's the gun in yer recollection................

I know you have a particular fondness for J Frames (me too).

1 - 20 of 82 Posts