Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Not as beautiful as the tooled leather in this thread, but classic and old none the less. This is a complete and very early (1904) Swiss Luger rig including the cleaning kit, holster and shoulder strap.

M1904SwissHolster2.jpg

M1904SwissHolster1.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here are a few more of mine:

A floral carved Lawrence Model 211 with latigo lacing probably made in the late 40's or early 50's.

A Lawrence Model 130 with many options. They include: floral carving, chamois lining, black latigo lacing, sight protector, safety strap, and black dyed. It fits a Ruger Blackhawk with a 4 5/8 barrel and was probably made in the mid 60's.

This is a SD Myres 445 Ranger Model. It was their top of the line holster back in it's day. It is floral carved and entirely "Mexican Edge Laced" in contrasting color. The lacing was a very labor intensive process. It was probably made 1940-1950.

This is a Heiser Model 719, probably made in the early 30's.

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
20161023_115441.jpg Ok ill play :)

thewelshm

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
AS a young guy I always loved to see the George Lawrence holsters in the Stoeger Shooter's Bible. I was always interested by the #7 Shoulder Holster with the figure 8 harness. I do not remember seeing any other shoulder holsters like it. I bought a number of shoulder holsters but it was not until a couple years ago that I finally got a used Lawrence #7.
standard.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got 2 new ones to add:

A Colorado Saddlery Holster

An Oliver Ball Holster. Oliver Ball was a Lt. (Homicide Detective) on the Ft. Worth PD from 1940-1976. He made holsters for academy graduates and for many lawmen in Texas. This holster really "spoke" to me because it was made by a cop for a cop, it was marked for a police department, and I bet it was actually used by an officer. When I received it, it was pretty well used. I did a little rehab with Blackrock Leather N Rich. I suspect the SA PD is San Antonio Police Department. It could be for a snub nosed Detective Special or perhaps an S&W M&P (Model 10).

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
When I was a teenager many years ago. I loved to look at the George Lawrence pages in the Stoeger Shooter's Bible. One holster that always stood out to me was the No. 7 Shoulder Holster with it's figure 8 strap arrangement. Most other vertical shoulder holsters had a heavy strap that went over your off shoulder and a small strap that you used to pull the holster into your body. When I got older I tried and used various shoulder holsters by various company but never bought or used a Lawrence No. 7. A couple years ago I finally got a Lawrence #7 for 6" N Frame Revolvers. It looks and feels good on but I do not try to conceal carry my 1955 45 Target but I could if I want to.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
One early 20th century holster maker that was thought well of was Captain A. H. Hardy (1876-1950) was a noted trick shooter and Representative for Peters Ammunition. He made holsters in various places including Denver Co finally moving to Beverly Hills CA in the 1930s until his death. Ed McGivern and J. Henry (FITZ) FitzGerald both show Hardy's holsters and gunbelts in their classic books. Jeff Cooper used Hardy Shoulder Holster in his pioneering practical shooting events. I spotted this A. H. Hardy Beverly Hills CA shoulder holster in an auction and had to have it.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I always considered that Hunter Holsters were the Fruit of the Loom of holster makers. Most big gun stores used to have a display that you could find the holster to fit your gun. Nothing special just what fit and worked. When I recently purchased this S&W Model 33-1 Regulation Police 38/32 (38 S&W) revolver I looked found a Hunter holster that fit perfectly.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts