Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we've had N-frame, L-frame & K-frame posts. Now let's try something on the J-frame. I traded a Winchester model 12, 16 guage shooter last fall for this model 43, Kit Gun Airweight, it's about 98% so I'm still looking for a model 34 Kit Gun to use as a shooter, as Airweight's finishes aren't very durable. Let's see a few Kit Guns now for something different. Greg

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Most everyone here has seen this photo, but since you asked... ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of my favorites and gets shot way more than all the rest!

A Model 63 ND 4".

Bruce

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Nice-looking guns, group.
I sure do like that black-framed stuff!
Don
;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice specimens, thank you, now all we are missing are a couple of Kit Gun snubbies and we'll have a decent cross section represented. Nice photos too everybody. Greg

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Here's my 60-4 kit. I think its the ultimate outdoors gun. Easy on the hip, and deadly on the game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MODELS OF 1953

G

·
0 Posts
Some great looking kit guns here. Here's my latest S&W addition, a mod 34-1 mid-1970's vintage in nickel. It came in the original box and appeared unfired. I note the grips on kritter's and CH47gunner's m63 and pre m34 appear to be target grips. I didn't realize J frame kit guns came with target grips. Are these original or aftermarket additions. I really like the S&W factory target grips and would like to add them to my 34-1 if available.
Thanks,
P.S. Looks like I goofed on the picture. Here's another try.
[photobucket]
/photobucket]

·
Registered
570 Posts
ernie1, the grips on mine are S&W "J" frame grips the origionals, i had taken off because they were just too small for my huge mitt's....
however.. because of me not putting them up.. the origional grips turned into "puppy chew toys" while i wasn't looking... :oops:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ken,
I'd say you have a nice stable of Kit-Guns! Very nice indeed. Wanna trade for your 631?? :mrgreen:

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
I note the grips on kritter's and CH47gunner's m63 and pre m34 appear to be target grips. I didn't realize J frame kit guns came with target grips. Are these original or aftermarket additions.
My Targets are not original - younger brother snibbled the stock magnas were too small, so I got the Targets. I've got the originals around here somewhere. Must admit (not to him tho) that the Targets fit my hand much better.

Bruce

·
Registered
415 Posts
My 63 no dash. Front sight was done by Dave Clements stocks are from StagHag.

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts