Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Would a new M frame sell?

Let's do a poll. Think these would sell?

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
#1 ·
I've been a fan of the really teeny M-Frame Smiths for a long time. My question here, is if S&W made a new, modern one, with 7 shots in .22 LR or WMR would you consider buying one?

Representative sample:

See less See more
#2 ·
I think my wife would carry that in WMR. She used to carry a 351PD.

#3 ·
I voted yes. I already have one but if I bought another I could get a cowboy holster rig for them. I could probably carry 300-400 rounds in the belt alone.

#4 ·
Wow... that's tiny. I don't even have an "I" Frame, and didn't know these existed...

As a curiosity, I might add one to the collection...

#5 ·
Wow... that's tiny. I don't even have an "I" Frame, and didn't know these existed...

As a curiosity, I might add one to the collection...
You might like this pic then. :)

M and X

#12 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: 1av8r and msharley
#8 ·
I doubt that hardly anyone would actually buy one. They're freakin' tiny. I certainly would not be able to operate it (I don't even like J frames). It would be beyond useless for me, and, I expect, equally useless for a LOT of people, male and female. The grip seems to be sized just right to fit the hand of an average 8 year old girl.

#11 ·
I have an old beat up m-frame Lady Smith. I keep thinking of having her restored, by just never seem to figure out where to send her. The forcing cone is perfect, with no cracks or bulges. So in all her ugly glory, here she is.

#14 ·
Nah, not a fan of SA in such a small piece though. That's NAA's real failing, not the recoil.
Trying to "fan" that tiny hammer is a chore.

#16 ·
I've been a fan of the really teeny M-Frame Smiths for a long time. My question here, is if S&W made a new, modern one, with 7 shots in .22 LR or WMR would you consider buying one?

Representative sample:
I would like one in 25 ACP. I believe that would be the largest cartridge you could fit in that frame. With CNC machining, producing the parts should not be much of a problem beyond programming.

Sign me up!

Kevin

#19 ·
Hey D Man,

Sadly, the GROSS MISMANAGEMENT "TEAM" (plunderers?) at S&W ........will never make it.

They flat out REFUSE to "re make" the 5" Models of: 686, 625, 625 45 LC, & 629 with the FIRING PIN on the NOSE of the HAMMER.

Heck, they have a hard enough time making revolvers that FIRE! :mad: (have two here, that required longer firing pins and lock removal.........just so they would FIRE!):mad:

The GROSS MISMANAGEMENT "TEAM" in Springfield, has no interest in what the customer base actually wants...

Later, Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.