Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Would a new M frame sell?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a fan of the really teeny M-Frame Smiths for a long time. My question here, is if S&W made a new, modern one, with 7 shots in .22 LR or WMR would you consider buying one?

Representative sample:

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I think my wife would carry that in WMR. She used to carry a 351PD.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I voted yes. I already have one but if I bought another I could get a cowboy holster rig for them. I could probably carry 300-400 rounds in the belt alone.

·
Premium Member
12,957 Posts
Wow... that's tiny. I don't even have an "I" Frame, and didn't know these existed...

As a curiosity, I might add one to the collection...

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow... that's tiny. I don't even have an "I" Frame, and didn't know these existed...

As a curiosity, I might add one to the collection...
You might like this pic then. :)

M and X

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Hey D,

As long as it does not have the "lock"!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
61 Posts
I doubt that hardly anyone would actually buy one. They're freakin' tiny. I certainly would not be able to operate it (I don't even like J frames). It would be beyond useless for me, and, I expect, equally useless for a LOT of people, male and female. The grip seems to be sized just right to fit the hand of an average 8 year old girl.

·
Super Moderator
19,773 Posts
I have an old beat up m-frame Lady Smith. I keep thinking of having her restored, by just never seem to figure out where to send her. The forcing cone is perfect, with no cracks or bulges. So in all her ugly glory, here she is.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: 1av8r and msharley

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll bet its bite is poisonous...
Nah, not a fan of SA in such a small piece though. That's NAA's real failing, not the recoil.
Trying to "fan" that tiny hammer is a chore.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I've been a fan of the really teeny M-Frame Smiths for a long time. My question here, is if S&W made a new, modern one, with 7 shots in .22 LR or WMR would you consider buying one?

Representative sample:
I would like one in 25 ACP. I believe that would be the largest cartridge you could fit in that frame. With CNC machining, producing the parts should not be much of a problem beyond programming.

Sign me up!

Kevin

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
The Ruger Bearcat is too small for me, the J frame , with a square butt, is about as small as I care for.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
I think I'd pass.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Hey D Man,

Sadly, the GROSS MISMANAGEMENT "TEAM" (plunderers?) at S&W ........will never make it.

They flat out REFUSE to "re make" the 5" Models of: 686, 625, 625 45 LC, & 629 with the FIRING PIN on the NOSE of the HAMMER.

Heck, they have a hard enough time making revolvers that FIRE! :mad: (have two here, that required longer firing pins and lock removal.........just so they would FIRE!):mad:

The GROSS MISMANAGEMENT "TEAM" in Springfield, has no interest in what the customer base actually wants...

Later, Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts