Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now we are gettin somewheres, I'm starting to see a lot of great weapons. I knew they were tucked away and oiled down, when was the last time you knock some holes with these bad boys? My oil man always told me son if you own them you should shoot them, I think he was right r.i.p. Dad.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The colt single actions I shoot but not for a while, I have lots of black powder cartridge set aside. The Remington is a hoot to shoot. The 38-44 target uses cut off 38 maxmin cases cut to the length of the cylinder and the bullet flush with the case mouth. I've acquired the cases and the fixings for it. Maybe this winter.

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
They give "reloading" a new perspective. A press that shoots :)

thewelshm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a fine bunch of black powder pistols, my 2 replicas can't hold a candle to yours that's a given. I purchased mine guns awhile back and being new to black powder was kinda surprised at how well they shot. Only problems I've had were caps not staying on which I fixed taking out original Armi San Marco stock nipples and replacing them with stainless steel nipples from Track of The Wolf I think, from that point on they worked outstanding.
The 1851 spent a day at the range putting it thru a When Will You Fail Test, hours later after 96 balls I had to call it because of darkness, never once a FTF the weapon was really caked up at the end but kept firing. Those none stock nipples did help a great deal, I think they could have slightly larger flash holes then stock, great test I wonder how it'll do on 200 round all day smoke pole test...... looks like I might need another can of Browder. Skeeters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts