Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Couple live here......

Commander is fixing to get a 1:24" GAIN TWIST SUPPORTED Barrel.....from Scheumann

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,096 Posts
I picked up this Colt Mark IV Combat Elite .45acp in really poor mechanical condition at a local gun show after a "bubba" had done an amateur action job on it.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

It became my personal M1911a1 learning and project gun. I picked up a replacement Ed Brown barrel and new Cylinder and Slide action components, a bottle of Prussian Blue marking stain and a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's shop manual for the M1911a1 pistol.

Over the next 8 months, I slowly did the work to properly fit the barrel and it's linkage to the slide and action, and then final fit the trigger, sear, safety and disconnector. The C&S sear was pre-cut and finished, and was already excellent.

Cylinder Gas Wood Nickel Auto part

In the end, it was a more costly project than I originally thought it would be, but it also gave me a good basic education on the M1911a1 and it's action. It's also been a great pistol.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
WWI Issue on the wall....

Attachments

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I picked up this Colt Mark IV Combat Elite .45acp in really poor mechanical condition at a local gun show after a "bubba" had done an amateur action job on it.

View attachment 530507

It became my personal M1911a1 learning and project gun. I picked up a replacement Ed Brown barrel and new Cylinder and Slide action components, a bottle of Prussian Blue marking stain and a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's shop manual for the M1911a1 pistol.

Over the next 8 months, I slowly did the work to properly fit the barrel and it's linkage to the slide and action, and then final fit the trigger, sear, safety and disconnector. The C&S sear was pre-cut and finished, and was already excellent.

View attachment 530514

In the end, it was a more costly project than I originally thought it would be, but it also gave me a good basic education on the M1911a1 and it's action. It's also been a great pistol.
Hey M,

I'll give ya FIFTY BUX! CASH MONEY! For that one!! :LOL:

Later, Mark

·
Super Moderator
14,096 Posts
Hey M,

I'll give ya FIFTY BUX! CASH MONEY! For that one!! :LOL:

Later, Mark

- - - - - - - -
At last... an offer I "CAN" refuse! :cry:

You can have the action parts I took out of it... and the old barrel...

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,036 Posts
Just Wow! My user name is 1911. So, I like them.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Material property

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

Air gun Gun barrel Everyday carry Trigger Gun accessory

I guess it is also like my addiction to the older S&W revolvers: I love them as my best hobby hand guns.

It's the best of the best but hard to find to find today at a reasonable price.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts