Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Lend Lease Victory

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
#1 ·
Hello, I picked up a Victory revolver. I would love any info can be provided. Date and where it might have gone would be awesome. Any approximate value would also be nice to know.

It is a 38 S&W with US property mark and flaming bomb on the top strap

But I also have a question about the serial. The serial on the cylinder and barrel seem to be an overstamp. They seem to be done the same. The Star matches the all the others without the over stamp (could not get a picture of that one as I dont have 3 hands). The the manufacture numbers on the crane and arm match. So I am pretty sure this is an original.

Any additional info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your .38 British Service Revolver left the US around 1944. It was imported by Vam Distribution Co. in Wooster OH but apparently never was proofed by the British because there are no proof marks. There are also no broad arrow marks as we usually see on Commonwealth guns. There really is no way to determine where it went.

Reactions: combat
#7 ·
I have a 5" barreled Victory, .38SW, that shipped August 1944. S/n V650093. It stayed in Germany after the war and used in Hesse, Germany. It has been refinished and has no visible import markings.

Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

Wood Cloud Hardwood Wood stain Tints and shades

Reactions: WendyZXZ and combat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.