Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working with my Uberti highwall 38-55 loads. I've been trying to seat the bullets long. The Lee die pushes the bullet deeper when I try to remove the bell on the case mouth. Looked at the die
and the instruction sheet. The die is marked 375 Win. The folder in the package calls this die a seater die. Probably work around this by removing the seater plug and running loads through again.
Gist of the whole thing is Lee should include, this set needs the Lee collet crimp to work.
Oh, mine should arrive by Fri.

Cliff

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
What bullet weight are you loading Cliff. And what OAL are you trying to achieve? Lead or jacketed bullets?
I can understand the desire to position the bullet farther out in the case but am surprised that you can't back out the seater depth plug enough to do it in one step with your Lee dies.
I have a set of Lee's 38-55 dies too, and they are marked as yours, 375 Win. Lee does that a lot. Their 32 S&W dies are marked 32 Auto!. I guess they multi task their dies whenever possible.
TBH I use an older set of Lyman dies when I load up for my 38-55.
Just bought a bag of Starline brass, plus I have some older mixed brass that is slightly longer, I'll see if I have the same issue with the Lee dies as you state.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts