Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Valentine Nebraska. 1400 miles give or take, all packed up, rifles, clothes , permits and money. We will probably make Des Moines late today, get a flea bag and continue on tomorrow. Be there Wednesday by noon. Hunt is 4 days. We both have dual tags, Mule Deer and antlerless White tail or Antlered Whitetail and doe. I'm going for a Mule Deer and it has to be 180 (B&C) or better. Not interested in a Whitetail at all. Can take them here.

Really a cheap guided hunt at 5 grand. Used to paying much more. All private land, guided. Don't even need to get my hands bloody. All the 'work' will be handled by the guides. All I have to do is shoot one.

Weather is supposed to be good this week. Warmer than here. One day is cold, rest are moderate but I have the necessary hunting gear to cover any weather situation.

See you next week sometime. Probably return next Wednesday.

The Lord really shined on me. Last year this time, I was not given much of a chance to even survive and now I'm hunting again and will be every year I can do it. Financially, I can well afford it and I plan on spending my entire retirement on hunts all over the world.

Cannot take it with me and sure not leaving it to my heirs. I worked hard for it, not them and I intend on spending it, all of it.

Pictures will come when I return....

Later

·
Premium Member
10,266 Posts
Hope it's a great trip. I know you were delayed from your annual trip last year, and this one is even more special and valued as a result.

We're looking forward to what you share from this great week in the field.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Good luck and post pics!

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Have a wonderful trip !!! Good luck on your hunt !!!

I've been to Valentine many times....
Had strawberry sherbet at the Frosty Drive-In,
Slept in the Raine Motel..... lol

·
Registered
20,534 Posts
Enjoy yourself and stay safe. :)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
"Bon Voyage" mate..

thewelshm

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
Hope trip is safe and fun and hope the hunt is excellent. Best part of it all is you are able to do this again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts