Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CP,

Good idea! Then I can have her leftovers! :p

Actually I've been cutting her meal sizes and mixing in a better, low fat food with her favorite chow... it's had a good effect. She's actually lost alot of weight...

But she's an English Lab and they're shorter and chunkier than the other two gene pools within this breed.

Now as for me? Well I ain't got no excuses.... :?

Drew

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Katie's a good lookin pup! My sister has a chocolate lab that has Katie's build, short and stout, and weighing 85-90 pounds even though she is 6" shorter than my lab, who weighs "only" 75 pounds. When I got my lab about 5 years ago from "Lab Resuce", they told me he was/is a "field bred" lab. Compared to most other labs I've seen, he is super tall and slender. Nothing better than a lab in my book!! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Benji says, hey! As she looks back through the curtians in the Bay window.. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Even after vacuuming (twice) I still got enough yellow hair in my Jeep to make me wonder why Miss Katie isn't naked... :lol:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yellow hair? Did somebody say yellow hair?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
revorg said:
Even after vacuuming (twice) I still got enough yellow hair in my Jeep to make me wonder why Miss Katie isn't naked... :lol:
SIGH.... I've come to think of it as inexpensive, organic, self restoring carpet.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Dozing in the Arizona sun.
Seems to be a common trait of the breed. This is "Drake" he belongs to a gent that came out and hunted for a week with us this year. Supposed to be a duck dog of some sort. Dog learned to hunt quail pretty quick. All retrieved birds went to his owner.
By the time the hunting trip was over the dogs nickname was "Bacon", he liked breakfast around the camp stove.

Bill

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill,

I think that Katie likes the looks of Drake...

She's smiling...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hey, Bill. My dog Pete could hear bacon sizzle a mile off. He was so fond of bacon or pork sausage, I used to call him Pig Meat Petey. Good quail dog, even if he was a Chihuahua. A dog is a dog, no matter what his size. I don't think he'd have been able to drag a duck or pheasant, but he was Hell on Wheels with quail and dove.

·
Super Moderator
32,527 Posts
LOL. Feels like Chuck Woolery. Miss Katie, meet Drake!

Two really great looking dogs there, Drew and RdrBill. I bet the pups from that combination would be winners. :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WendyZXZ said:
LOL. Feels like Chuck Woolery. Miss Katie, meet Drake!

Two really great looking dogs there, Drew and RdrBill. I bet the pups from that combination would be winners. :D
Yeah, this could work.... she'll sleep with anybody..... Right Chris? You too DW... :p

I bet the pups would have a pink nose..... :cool:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
that is one happy dog, in every photo i have seen anyway...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
They're wonderful friends, loyal and true.
They expect little and give much.
Those of us who are blessed with a good dog's company are fortunate indeed.
kfjdrfirii
Don

·
Registered
490 Posts
When my Katie girl need to lose some weight, I mixed a can of GREN BEANS, drained and RINSED< with her food, along with a tsp of Kelp powder. She is slim and trim, and a perfect weight, according to her vet. :)
She was 14 last July--

1 - 20 of 35 Posts