1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought this one today.
Model 53-2 Remington Jet 22
With very nice condition original box and 6 original 22LR inserts
6" barrel 99% condition. Just the barest hint of a turn line.
It came with 250 rounds factory ammo, 50 rounds of reloads, and 150 pieces of brass.
Basically at least $300-$400 worth of ammo and brass. Total cost was $1050 + $20 transfer fee.
Started the transfer today, so I'll get to actually bring it home in 10 days.
Can't wait to get it home and take it to the range.

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I really look forward to shooting it. Should wake up a few people at the range. From what I've heard they are really LOUD. :D

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
You must be in California with the genius of the ten day rule. Or, do other leftist states have the same regs?

Reactions: RKBA

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
A scarce and valuable piece indeed. (y) There has been one for sale here in MA w/inserts and some ammo for $1,649+Tax for as long as I can remember. I'd love to add it to the collection, but it's way too costly for yours truly! :unsure:

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Great score!

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
That’s a beauty. They are a gang of fun to shoot. As mentioned earlier way way loud but there’s zero recoil to go along with the noise. Much entertainment is derived from just handing it to someone and watching them try to nail down just what it is. .22 caliber hole in the front, .38 caliber holes in the cylinder. Most think it’s a factory mistake until you show them the ammo.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
That's the second or third one of those I've heard of turning up recently. Funny, I seldom hear about them.

Congratulations. You're scored a nice one that's for sure.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congratulations! I’ve always thought they were an intriguing handgun. I’ve known about it since I first really starting reading gun magazines in the late ‘60’s!

You are the envy of all of the neighborhood kids! 😁 memtb

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You must be in California with the genius of the ten day rule. Or, do other leftist states have the same regs?
Actually I'm in Washington State - Spokane (on the Idaho border) to be exact. But we've been invaded by former Kommifornia residents and now have some of their gun laws.
We've had a requirement to do an FFL transfer on all sales for 5 years. Starting last year NICS started refusing to do any that weren't required by federal law, so now those have to be done by the county sheriffs offices. The law says that they get 10 business days to complete the BGC and on the 11th business day they can release the gun if they haven't received a denial. So basically now it has become a case of if they are going to deny the transfer the FFL will hear about it in less than 10 days, otherwise the FFL never hears anything back and they release the gun on the 11th business day. So, these days when you start a transfer the FFL just sets an appointment for you to return to pick up your gun in 14 calendar/business days. That means I get to go back and pick this one up on 2/12/21. Major PITA.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Actually I'm in Washington State - Spokane (on the Idaho border) to be exact. But we've been invaded by former Kommifornia residents and now have some of their gun laws.
We've had a requirement to do an FFL transfer on all sales for 5 years. Starting last year NICS started refusing to do any that weren't required by federal law, so now those have to be done by the county sheriffs offices. The law says that they get 10 business days to complete the BGC and on the 11th business day they can release the gun if they haven't received a denial. So basically now it has become a case of if they are going to deny the transfer the FFL will hear about it in less than 10 days, otherwise the FFL never hears anything back and they release the gun on the 11th business day. So, these days when you start a transfer the FFL just sets an appointment for you to return to pick up your gun in 14 calendar/business days. That means I get to go back and pick this one up on 2/12/21. Major PITA.
I don't mean to offend your choice of states to live in, but it's things like this that make me realize just how fortunate I am to live in South Carolina..

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't mean to offend your choice of states to live in, but it's things like this that make me realize just how fortunate I am to live in South Carolina..
Yeah, it wasn't like this the first 30 years I lived here. Then we got Kalifornicated.
You're OK for now but beware of people migrating in from blue states. It only takes 5-10 years for them to mess things up if enough of them move in.

·
Registered
30,109 Posts
Congrats on a nice score. Looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Yeah, it wasn't like this the first 30 years I lived here. Then we got Kalifornicated.
You're OK for now but beware of people migrating in from blue states. It only takes 5-10 years for them to mess things up if enough of them move in.
Yea, Virginia used to be a great gun state, but now...well, I just had my first experience with the new universal background check law. Even private party sales have to go through it. I sold a rifle yesterday, and the buyer and I had to find an FFL who'd do the check...most won't, it's just not worth it for what they can charge. I mean it wasn't so bad other than in principal really. We had to find a place to meet. We'd have had to do that anyway. It took about 15-20 mins so the time wasn't really awful. I don't know what they charged for it, the buyer was paying it (as they should, they'd have to pay for a background check from a dealer). I think it's about $15.00 or so. It was just knowing we HAD to do it, and that it was totally worthless that made it so...well, you know.

·
Registered
558 Posts
As a former Californian, I am so glad to have moved to Utah in 1997 when I retired. I can now freely ride my 4 wheelers pretty much anywhere, where is San Diego County, everything was fenced off. You had to go to Ocotillo, about 100 miles from SDO to ride, and now they have closed that off for wind generators. Now it's the Yuma sand dunes. A few places left to shoot in SDO county, and most of them are illegal. I think things may be a little better in Northern Calif.
We have no restrictive gun laws here. Still can advertise in the local paper and do private sales. With a Concealed License, you can buy a handgun, and walk out the door with it.
Yes, there are a few Californians buying up some of the land, and posting it. But we have a strong legislation here that will not allow any infringement on our gun rights. Big Larry

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just bought this one today.
Model 53-2 Remington Jet 22
With very nice condition original box and 6 original 22LR inserts
6" barrel 99% condition. Just the barest hint of a turn line.
It came with 250 rounds factory ammo, 50 rounds of reloads, and 150 pieces of brass.
Basically at least $300-$400 worth of ammo and brass. Total cost was $1050 + $20 transfer fee.
Started the transfer today, so I'll get to actually bring it home in 10 days.
Can't wait to get it home and take it to the range.
View attachment 495092

View attachment 495093
The M53 has attained collector status. Ammo is nearing $100 a box. Not all that fun to shoot IMHO. They are at their best with a factory 22 LR cylinder. This revolver has had many problems in the past and that is primarily why it was discontinued. Enjoy your new treasure. Make sure to clean all the oil residue from the cylinder or it will bind up. Big Larry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts