Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by my favorite Pawn Shop and saw this one sitting there and was 200 OTD. Said the owner hated it as jammed every shot. I looked at it in shop and it did not have the recoil spring spacer. I had read a few articles and kept them since I had a 22A and let it slip away. The articles said if the recoil spring was needing to be replaced the gun would start having FTF issues. With this one missing I am thinking that is a big part of the problem plus was extremely dirty and bone dry. Does look very good on outside. All operates smooth now after good cleaning (even the magazine self ejects now). Have to wait till get hold of S&W on the 2nd when they return to get the recoil pads. It does feel better in my hands than the 2206. So now awaiting the part to go to the range. Under a new story there was an old three screw Ruger Single Six that I got but have to wait till after first of year due to his 10 day Police check wait.

thumbnai2l.jpg
thumbnail1.jpg

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Hey Rod,

Great score!

You will have that up and running in no time flat!

Later, Mark

·
Super Moderator
19,537 Posts
These are very under rated pistols. With a good cleaning and a fair bit of basic practice they can be very accurate in the right hands. Most of all, they're really fun to shoot with very little felt recoil. I let one get away from me that was silver, and had a 6" barrel. I've regretted selling it.

Congratulations on a great find and at an amazing price. Enjoy this in good health.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Well I just bought a 22 off of a member, a Ruger mark 3. I’ll give it to the FIL when he comes back.:) but I may try it out:)

Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
My "Shootin Buddy" (Chuck) has had a 22A for a few years and likes the heck out of it. He has noted that it's sensitive to too much oil on the rails.

Enjoy it in good health amigo.

·
Registered
18,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I just bought a 22 off of a member, a Ruger mark 3. I’ll give it to the FIL when he comes back.:) but I may try it out:)

Thewelshm
Might as well start looking for another one if you shoot it. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
18,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My "Shootin Buddy" (Chuck) has had a 22A for a few years and likes the heck out of it. He has noted that it's sensitive to too much oil on the rails.

Enjoy it in good health amigo.
I did read that and just wiped the rails down so hope will be OK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts