Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Wire,

One of the "Specialty Firms" (you most likely know of them) solicited me to head up to LaSalle.

Money is good. Per diem is good. Muster in/out money is good...

Drawbacks?

Welllllllll..........

Dose Rate is.......250mr/hr!

Think I'll pass...

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I never worked in LaSalle.
I have done Braidwood and Dresden and found it to be a very safe place, they have come a long way on safety, security is very tight, my badge screwed up a few times and the team with the AR's are quick to show up.
The only thing I could not get used to coming from a commercial background is the amount of meetings and then meetings after the meetings it's almost impossible to get anything done, especially if you have to wait for QC.
The money is definitely real good if you can stand the slow pace as a worker, but as we always say at a nuke hide and seek for a grand a week.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Wire,

I RETIRED at Thanksgiving...If I ain't made it by now? Another fool outage ain't gonna help! LOL

Few years back (when I could still see to weld), I'd a been there!

Have worked for most of the "specialty firms"....as long as ya don't mind a bit of dose.....?? LOL

Later, Mark

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Congrats on your retirement!!
I miss the guys on those jobs, but happiness is seeing those nukes in the rear view mirror..

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your retirement!!
I miss the guys on those jobs, but happiness is seeing those nukes in the rear view mirror..
Especially a gig where ya get to wear "fanger dosimetery"

Was at Perry a few years ago (for another "specialty firm") ....they wanted us to fool with something that was 5Rem on contact....

None of us would sign a waiver.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts