Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installing LaRue MBT-2S Trigger and I'm unclear on something:

1. Do I need to Remove and Take Out the Saftey Switch from my M&P Sport II gun Before I attempt to install the LaRue Trigger? Or can I leave the safety attached?

·
Registered
116 Posts
It is easier to install the MBT trigger if you remove the safety selector switch, which is why the grip removal is required.

Also make sure you install the hammer spring correctly. There are instructions included with the trigger along with a stronger spring if you want a heavier trigger pull.

Don't be scared. Just dive right in.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I just installed the same trigger a couple weeks ago. Just follow the instructions after growing an extra hand.
But seriously , be patient and it’s really fairly simple.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your Reply but I JUST FINISHED! (y) :) First time I ever even took an AR Apart (Upper/Lower) and it was Pretty Easy! I didn't use the instructions, just watched YouTube Videos. I took my Time and everything went really Smooth! I had a few hiccups along the way, but it's all back together and everything works and the safety is Operational.

YES, I did Take out safety in order to put in New Trigger. I didn't have a Punch Set so I used a small screwdriver which worked fine. I couldn't get the Saftey Detent OUT for 5 minutes 🙄 but realized I had to Cock the hammer and then it released. The Hardest Part is when you put in the Final Spring Loaded Hammer as it is Under Tension and then you have to put PIN through the hole with the Tension.

I lined up the trigger pin and stuck my mini screwdriver all the way through to hold it in place. Then I backed mini screwdriver out while simultaneously pushed Pin into place. Took a total of about 30-35 minutes. I also greased the trigger parts with Litheum Grease.
Feels Good to Work on Your Own Gun! I know this is Basic Stuff, but I never have done anything to any gun outside of cosmetic stuff.

It was easy to take apart the M&P and most AR's. Whoever designed these Guns was really smart! You notice all the design work and engineering involved......springs, detents, locking mechanisms......you wonder how did they ever think of all this stuff?

captain-caveman.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts