Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I bought a Romeo5 red dot. No instructions. Couldn't get it to work. Without talking to anyone I did the online return thing. Printed a shipping label and sent it back. Same problem with the next one. No instructions. I looked it up in aL gOrZ amazing internet on how to get it working. Bottom of the ad it says, "no instructions." Think they could have made up their own and sent it in the shipping box? Nope. I was leery if it was really a Sig product because of the cheesy crap box.

My first review: Most Liked Negative Review
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Deader Than Disco

Unboxed, inserted battery. Dead. Smacked it in the palm of my hand. Dead. Played with the buttons. Dead. Removed battery and inserted a known working battery. Dead. Reboxed, printed return label will look for a replacement. The box looks cheap, and different than what I saw on Youtube. Makes me think it could be a knock off. No instruction booklet inside. Nice looking optic. Too bad it didn't work. Hopefully the replacement will be quick. Then I can give a better review.

My second review: Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I Will Probably Buy Again

Submitted 4 days ago

By III%

From Pertnear Nashville

Verified Buyer

No manual in the box....bad. Really? This is one is my replacement. The first one was probably good. Lack of a user's booklet cost Midway freight to and from because there was no info. You can get the same thing for the same price elsewhere WITH AN INSTRUCTION BOOK. This second one didn't light up just like the first one. I had to search on line to find out how to turn it on. Hopefully holds zero.

Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend to a friend

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Rather than go through all that fussing, I wonder why all these people don't type "Sig Romeo5 instructions" into Google?

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/16SIG1807_ROMEO5_Manual_7400226-01_R00.pdf
Well, maybe because of the brown POS box it came in it looked like a knock off fake. I own many different brands including Holosun who probably makes the Sig. At 2am when I came in from work to find this less than real looking box. PSA and others offer the same deal in a white box with instructions for the same free shipping.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts