Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lack of response from Midway placed an order for (2) containers of Gun Scrubber Synthetic safe received (4) containers of the standard Gun Scrubber. Followed the online procedure to contact Midway no response. Talking to Midway Via the phone your put on hold for 15-20 minutes, I'm not waiting that long. Contacted the bank credit card filed a disputed transaction report wait time was under a minute.

NRA is no better followed the online procedure for contacting in regards to receiving a subscribed publication no reply.

The lack of customer support is nettlesome!

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently someone woke up at Midway today. Sent an E-mail to their response. Then later in the day received a phone call! They apparently have a stocking part number problem. Returning what I received may be problematic due to the nature of the product. They did offer to refund my charge card. things are looking up!

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Customer service is subjective, but necessary for a company to survive... this needs to be monitored by Midway..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've had recent experiences with two companies. In both cases I received very prompt and helpful responses to my email sent through their web site. Not all companies are neglecting the extreme importance of good customer service.

Neither of these companies were gun or shooting accessory related, so didn't include their names.

HOWEVER, Gramps did phone Vortex this Monday morning about the fact that his new red dot sight came with screws too short to keep it attached to the mounting plate for Glocks. They not only immediately put a selection of various longer screws in the mail, but included a free Vortex hat. The package is supposed to arrive Thursday. He didn't have to wait long on the phone either!

(The reason I said "too short to keep it attached" is obvious in the vertical cut just above his eyebrow where the sight flew off and hit him in the head on round #9 out of his Glock 19 :eek: -- His dentist asked how he got that cut and all he was able to say was, "I got this new sight for my gun......" and the dentist interrupted with "OH YES, I know all about THAT!" )

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Been doing business with Midway for decades. First class operation. That said, I can usually find what I want at lower delivered prices elsewhere unless Midway has a specific sale. Midway range/gun bags combined with free shipping over $49 are terrific values.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I've had recent experiences with two companies. In both cases I received very prompt and helpful responses to my email sent through their web site. Not all companies are neglecting the extreme importance of good customer service.

Neither of these companies were gun or shooting accessory related, so didn't include their names.

HOWEVER, Gramps did phone Vortex this Monday morning about the fact that his new red dot sight came with screws too short to keep it attached to the mounting plate for Glocks. They not only immediately put a selection of various longer screws in the mail, but included a free Vortex hat. The package is supposed to arrive Thursday. He didn't have to wait long on the phone either!

(The reason I said "too short to keep it attached" is obvious in the vertical cut just above his eyebrow where the sight flew off and hit him in the head on round #9 out of his Glock 19 :eek: -- His dentist asked how he got that cut and all he was able to say was, "I got this new sight for my gun......" and the dentist interrupted with "OH YES, I know all about THAT!" )
That's good to hear shootergranny, last week I bought some Vortex Diamondback binoculars from Bass Pro after I let the salesman up sell me from less expensive Leopold binoculars that I went to buy after seeing them in a flyer I received in the mail. I haven't tried them yet but glad to know Vortex stands behind their products just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been doing business with Midway for decades. First class operation. That said, I can usually find what I want at lower delivered prices elsewhere unless Midway has a specific sale. Midway range/gun bags combined with free shipping over $49 are terrific values.
Be that is it may, but when they ship you the wrong item and bill your credit card more than you authorized, its a nettlesome issue. They admitted yesterday their was a problem with their stocking number and they had sent me a item that is prohibited from being returned. Now they are working out the details. Then when you have fifteen plus minute waits on customer service via the phone its annoying!!!!

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,480 Posts
I thought you guys were talking about the famous Midway Battle that changed the Battle of the Pacific during WW2...I was confused.

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Be that is it may, but when they ship you the wrong item and bill your credit card more than you authorized, its a nettlesome issue. They admitted yesterday their was a problem with their stocking number and they had sent me a item that is prohibited from being returned. Now they are working out the details. Then when you have fifteen plus minute waits on customer service via the phone its annoying!!!!
Bless your heart. Hope you're feeling better soon.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Lack of response from Midway placed an order for (2) containers of Gun Scrubber Synthetic safe received (4) containers of the standard Gun Scrubber. Followed the online procedure to contact Midway no response. Talking to Midway Via the phone your put on hold for 15-20 minutes, I'm not waiting that long. Contacted the bank credit card filed a disputed transaction report wait time was under a minute.

NRA is no better followed the online procedure for contacting in regards to receiving a subscribed publication no reply.

The lack of customer support is nettlesome!
I had a similar situation 6 months ago, I ordered a few cans from Amazon and received cans not marked "Synthetic Safe". I went right to Birchwood Casey customer service and they informed me that all of their 10, 13 and 15 oz cans are synthetic safe no matter what the cans are marked. They also said there is a larger can (I don't remember the size) that is NOT synthetic safe but it in time will be as well. I've since used it on my Glock with no problems...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes, coincidentally I just ordered from Midway........they have a deal where they offer you a birthday discount for a couple of weeks around your birthday and this year I took them up on it and my order came quick and complete.

They are a really good seller.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts

Granny, I'm also a happy Vortex customer, I own 5 of their scopes, all high end rifle scopes. I do prefer Swarovski optics but they are so, so expensive, I can only afford their binoculars. When you lay out over 2 grand for a pair of bino's you are either nuts or want the best. I'm the latter, I think, well, don't ask my wife....

Had an issue with a Viper PST Long Range scope and they replaced it with an new one before I ever returned the defective one and I too got a couple hats and a Tee shirt. Keep in mind that all their optics are made offshore, all they do is import them but they are made to their specifications. High end stuff is made in the Philipenes and the lower priced stuff in China or Taiwan.

Another good optic that don't get mush play is Hawke. Just as good as the Vortex line, not quite as good as Nightforce and certainly not on par with Swaro.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So here we sit with (4) cans of Gun Scrubber that we have no intention of using, waiting for return authorization from Midway. Their customer service representative is looking into the procedure for that to occur. Its like waiting for hell to freeze over. As I've stated previously they admitted the mistake was on their part, some thing to do with Bar-Codes.

In the meantime we placed a odder with Amazon for Shooters Choice Synthetic which arrived on schedule with no problems.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I placed an order with Midway a while back. When it came in, the box had 3-4 shirts. I didn’t order any clothes. Called Midway and somehow I got someone else’s order and they got mine. They reshipped my order overnight and told me to just keep the shirts. I was lucky. They were my size too!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts