Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I would like to replace the hammer on my 686 series 4 with a Target hammer, large; does K frame hammer fit L frame?
If not, where can I buy a Target hammer for my 686?
Thank you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here are photos of K and L frame hammer showing that L frame is longer. L frame is stainless K frame is case hardened

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Ive interchanged K and L frame hammers for years..never had a problem. However N frames are longer and did not work. Never measured them though. Guess Im just lucky. There are a few N frame hammers on ebay currently. Some descriptions say they fit Ks some say they only fit Ls...some say they fit K,L and Ns..which I know isn't true. If you need one for an N I'd say buy one specifically for an N to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are photos of K and L frame hammer showing that L frame is longer. L frame is stainless K frame is case hardened

Hi, thank you for your clarification. I woull like buy an target hammer for my 686 series 4, but I live in Italy and Gun Parts Numrich and Midway do not ship to Italy, do you know someone who sells it and ships it to Italy?
Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts