Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small spit of land on the bay side of Cape Cod. Woman raises sheep on it. The coyotes got under the fencing and what they didn't kill, they drove into the water ~ where the sheep drowned. She's killed over 45 Song Dogs over the past five years. My partner and I are going to see if she'll accept some help. Other then that we are hunting on the seashore at least once each week. Hope to start posting the results soon.

So far this Winter, I have only killed two. Hope to end up around the 15 mark....

giz

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Giz, Later on in the season, do you sell the pelts? Which rifle are you using........ the Remington heavy barrel/scope/bipod set-up? That set-up should be perfect!!!! ;) Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
I'm a waitin' for the pictures!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
And bullet performance observations!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just a few more and we'll have the barn totally insulated. :mrgreen:

f.t.

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
That is a nice fat one Tom, do you save the pelts?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
These are old, but are still some of my favorites.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hunter said:
Tom, do you save the pelts?
We usually just chunk them in the river Dom. Catfish chum. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gizamo said:
There is a small spit of land on the bay side of Cape Cod. Woman raises sheep on it. The coyotes got under the fencing and what they didn't kill, they drove into the water ~ where the sheep drowned. She's killed over 45 Song Dogs over the past five years. My partner and I are going to see if she'll accept some help. Other then that we are hunting on the seashore at least once each week. Hope to start posting the results soon.

So far this Winter, I have only killed two. Hope to end up around the 15 mark....

giz
Giz,

Will Coydogs eat their own skinned bodies.....a trapper dumped about 20 bodies over the bank next to my range....smell was bad during warmer weather.. should I check the site for Coydogs?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
liightfoot said:
Giz,

Will Coydogs eat their own skinned bodies.....a trapper dumped about 20 bodies over the bank next to my range....smell was bad during warmer weather.. should I check the site for Coydogs?
In my experience no. Skinned beaver is best if you can get some of that from a local trapper.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My neighbor put out the remains from his deer in buckets. First animals that came to inspect were other deer. By the second night everything was gone and songdog tracks all over the place...

I've heard they will eat their own, never seen any evidence of it..personally.

giz

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cush said:
liightfoot said:
Giz,

In my experience no. Skinned beaver is best if you can get some of that from a local trapper.

I will check with the trapper next year for some beaver. Gave him a tip where to find a couple of big ones.

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
I find it incredible that coyotes have spread to the Cape!!!! They have invaded the Berkshires about 20 years ago. A guy I used to work with lived in Florence, Ma out near the Hilltowns.......a suburb of Northampton, a sizeable city. He said that he could hear the howling often during the winter.

I have, personally, seen just 1 about a quarter mile from my house, along the biketrail. I live between the Oxbow, the MT. Tom Reservation, and the Audubon (Sp?) Wildlife Reservation. There are some deer, turkeys, coyotes and Black Bear wandering the area. Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cape Cod is absolutely loaded with them. I've probably seen more down there than anywhere... The Environmental Police are actually sharing with information on concentrations of them, with hunters. Night hunting is beginning to be allowed. You have to be careful in selecting hunting areas, as some towns have placed restrictive bans in place. Always check to make sure your legally hunting an area. The Natural Resource officers in many towns are a pretty good resource for information.

giz

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Giz, You do not want to mess with the Wildlife guys. If you break the law, they will take....not only your gun.......but the truck you rode in, and any other gear, including.... revoke your license......which makes it illegal to have a gun, in this state!!!! Bb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts