Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years, I've owned a lot of 1911's - Colts, Springfields, S&W's, Dan Wesson's, Kimbers - probably fifteen or more all told.

Years ago, my friend Bud came across 2 unfired Custom Classics, relegating one to the safe - never to be fired.

I can't guess how many times I'd half-jokingly tell him that one day he'd sell me that gun - but to no avail.

One day, about 6 years ago, he called me out of the blue and asked if I still wanted it - You can imagine what my answer was. The 'Holy Grail' of Kimbers, made at a point in which their manufacturing process was geared towards putting out an absolutely wonderful 1911.

As some of you know, my friend passed away a week ago. I've shot a lot of IDPA matches with this one and have carried it on many occasions. My wife would shoot nothing else and used it in her first match, only 2 months after us meeting. She was nervous, but she did extremely well - so well that she finally got one of her own. ;)

There's a lot of memories with this gun. Bud said that if I ever wanted to sell it, to please give him first dibs. Well, this is one of those "never get rid of it" ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.