Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, I've owned a lot of 1911's - Colts, Springfields, S&W's, Dan Wesson's, Kimbers - probably fifteen or more all told.

Years ago, my friend Bud came across 2 unfired Custom Classics, relegating one to the safe - never to be fired.

I can't guess how many times I'd half-jokingly tell him that one day he'd sell me that gun - but to no avail.

One day, about 6 years ago, he called me out of the blue and asked if I still wanted it - You can imagine what my answer was. The 'Holy Grail' of Kimbers, made at a point in which their manufacturing process was geared towards putting out an absolutely wonderful 1911.

As some of you know, my friend passed away a week ago. I've shot a lot of IDPA matches with this one and have carried it on many occasions. My wife would shoot nothing else and used it in her first match, only 2 months after us meeting. She was nervous, but she did extremely well - so well that she finally got one of her own. ;)

There's a lot of memories with this gun. Bud said that if I ever wanted to sell it, to please give him first dibs. Well, this is one of those "never get rid of it" ones.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Very nice .......... and with the memories attached to it, it would be one I'd never part with either if it were me. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LeMat
I bought one about 10 years ago the first time I fired it it was better
than 1970 Gold cup So I sold the Gold cup for more than twice the
amount I paid for the Kimber!!

dick44

1 - 3 of 3 Posts