Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Keith at a show and bought his first set of coke grips. They are the best looking set of grips that I own. They are spot on. The wood is not typical coke wood but man are they awesome. He does the best work and a nice guy to boot.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did not say what he was going to price them at for retail since this was his first pair. He gave me a show discount but I will leave it up to Keith to price them. They are not cheap but they should not be. He is a true craftsman.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nice lookin' grips Matt. Being the first set of cokes might make them a very valuable item for your grandchildren. I've got a few sets of Keith's grips,but all are N-frames. I need to get a set of K's.
f.t.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've got a few sets of Keith's grips,but all are N-frames. I need to get a set of K's.
f.t.
Hello ft
I know this May Raise a Few Eyebrow's, and has even caused Battles in the past, but S&W did actually make some K-Sq. Target diamond grips that had the Slight Palm swell. They did not have as broad as checkering as the Larger-N-Frame Coke's but they still had the Palm swell and I call them Coke's just the same. Here is a Pair of them... Hammerdown

·
Registered
507 Posts
Also very nice. I've got a bunch of K-frame guns with diamond targets. I guess I ought to check them out a little more closely. Do you know what model they were on originally?
f.t.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have seen them before. On the K "cokes" most of the palm swell comes from the cutting of the checkering and how much wood is taken out. The N cokes start out shaped with a palm swell and the cutting of the checkering really brings it out. I am sure this was done on some K's to some extent. The N cokes will flare somewhat at the bottom making it a true palm swell as the K "cokes" with not have this flare.

I see a good debate thread starting here. lkavnaap

·
Registered
495 Posts
fat tom said:
Also very nice. I've got a bunch of K-frame guns with diamond targets. I guess I ought to check them out a little more closely. Do you know what model they were on originally?
f.t.

Hello F.T.
Yes I do. They came off a Pre-18 Combat Masterpiece that dated 1958. I asked MR Roy Jinks one time about the smaller K-Frame Targets having this slight Plam swell like their larger-N-Frame brothers and his response to me was that the same machines that made the larger-N-Frame Coke's were used to shape and make the smaller K-Frame Grips. I suspect the smaller checkering coverage was done because of the smaller profile width of the K-Sq. grips... Hammerdown

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nice!!! I didn't find out about Keith until after I bought a set of Eagle 'Heritage' Cokes. love mine!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
We are nothing short of blessed to have the likes of KB among our resources. An artist, a wizard with stock repairs, a true craftsman. Most of the time we say they don't make them like that anymore, but when it comes to custom stocks for our handguns they certainly DO make them like that still. Another name to pay attention to (as most of you know) is that of user name Kurac on the blue forum. His work is absolutely beautiful too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts