Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I love the K22 masterpiece but the grips are not so hot. Anyone have any recommendations on better grips?

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
There are dozens of options. Altamont makes a variety and there are some good ones available on eBay from Thailand. These are Thai grips on my 617. Comfortable for me
2020-07-26_21-40-33_357.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like the Hogue conversion Monogrip. I use the same exact grip on my M617, N-frames and X-frame. It points naturally for me and the feel is the same on all my revolvers.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So I love the K22 masterpiece but the grips are not so hot. Anyone have any recommendations on better grips?
So many options they are hard to count. :) I would start out by deciding if you want to be a traditionalist and maintain the original S&W revolver family look, more or less... or if you want to go practical with rubber grips... or if you want the "customized" look of combats or... one or two dozen other newer offerings. :giggle:

I'm mostly a traditionalist, so it's period-correct S&W targets for me. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
342 Posts
So many options they are hard to count. :) I would start out by deciding if you want to be a traditionalist and maintain the original S&W revolver family look, more or less... or if you want to go practical with rubber grips... or if you want the "customized" look of combats or... one or two dozen other newer offerings. :giggle:

I'm mostly a traditionalist, so it's period-correct S&W targets for me. (y)(y)(y)
Me too. Goodyear grips will never adorn any Smith of mine. Hogue makes custom grips that are very nice. I put a set of checkered Rosewood grips on my M617-2. All my S&W's grips are numbered to the gun except the late ones and a 1957 K38. I bought that before I had a clue as to what I was doing. I know better now. Big Larry

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
I like the Hogue conversion Monogrip. I use the same exact grip on my M617, N-frames and X-frame. It points naturally for me and the feel is the same on all my revolvers.

View attachment 503850
Hey Sparky,

I'm with you! My hands sweat so much, I can not hold onto a revolver in DA work with wood grips.

I put the Hogues on all my revolvers...

Way my hand/fangers are shaped, the Tyler T Grip, whilst nostalgic, is a "non starter" for me. Even mild 38's rap my middle knuckle with the rear of the trigger guard...

Later, Mark

Attachments

Reactions: sparkyv and TTSH

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
One thing nice about a .22LR revolver... recoil is not a factor in grip selection. You didn't mention what kind of grips are currently on your K-22, so it's difficult to make a recommendation without an idea of the style that your not happy with.

On my Pre-18, I have a set of the Altamont Roper style grips on them and like them a lot. Thinner than factory targets, and with their shape, there's more space for your fingers behind the trigger guard.

They provide a really classic/classy look. Very affordable compared to genuine Ropers, as my budget allows, I'll be outfitting my other K-22 and K-38's with them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
One thing nice about a .22LR revolver... recoil is not a factor in grip selection. You didn't mention what kind of grips are currently on your K-22, so it's difficult to make a recommendation without an idea of the style that your not happy with.

On my Pre-18, I have a set of the Altamont Roper style grips on them and like them a lot. Thinner than factory targets, and with their shape, there's more space for your fingers behind the trigger guard.

They provide a really classic/classy look. Very affordable compared to genuine Ropers, as my budget allows, I'll be outfitting my other K-22 and K-38's with them.

View attachment 503877
Those are a good looking alternative. I have a set of plain ones in my grip box. Big Larry
M617's.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts