Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post a pic of my Gpa's K-38 service revolver. If you couldn't tell, he was a motorcycle cop. ;) Haven't been able to bring myself to shoot it yet.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Max Now thats one fine looking k38 , I like those grips and the harley on the side plate. I would be proud to own that gun. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good looking gun! I guarantee that shooting won't hurt it a bit.
teesur

·
Registered
495 Posts
Max
That is a Fine Looking Pre-15. If it were mine, I would Break out a Tube of Flitz and a soft towel and go to Polishing it up. The Flitz Polish will take out all the fine Micro scratch's and make that revolver look as shinny as a new Penny when you are done... Hammerdown

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is a masterpiece of a weapon! I'd rather have something personal like that, than a nib version of the same gun with no soul! I bet your Grandpa would be pleased to know it was still being shot, giving pleasure, and protecting his family.

The Highlander

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
That is a sweet looking weapon! Can you give us any history on your granddad? I'd be interested to know more about how/when/where he carried that jewel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a couple pics of my grandpa with his K-38.
He was the coolest guy I've ever known.
I just scanned these pics so this is his internet debut.
These were taken in the 70's.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Excellent photos! I had expected those stocks to be added on later when work was just a memory, but he's a stag-sporting-motorcycle-enforcer, very, very cool indeed! kjdfjemnd

·
Registered
9,504 Posts

That K-38 of your grandfather's is an heirloom, I know you'll treasure it. I'm finally getting around to posting a few photos, so here is a K-38 from 1948. I believe that was the last year S&W used the tapered barrel.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
That is the definition of cool!! klgasilBRVO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts