Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went for a hair cut today and on the way home stopped in one of my favorite shops near a retirement community.

They had just put out this neat shooter grade K-22 from 1955 with bright finish, target hammer red post front sight and a pair of really neat non-relieved target stocks.

Well, after a little haggling I brought it home. On further inspection I found a serial number 80487 inside the grips that would indicate 1949.

I think these grips might be a very early set of factory target grips. They have a "coke bottle" profile and remind me of some of the Roper grips I've seen. K-22 '55.jpg K-22 1955.jpg Grips.jpg Stocks.jpg inside.jpg

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hmmmm, no washers in side and tiny little square jig holding penetrations.
They Do have kind of a Roper flavor to them . Maybe some one else just as good. nvonjvila

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well it has some holster wear and a turn line and other signs of use. The one thing that kept me from calling them Ropers right away was the S&W medallions and no signature ribbon cut into the checkering.

And yes except for being non-relieved they look very much like cokes.

·
Registered
22,038 Posts
Congrats on another fine acquisition. You knack for finding great revolvers continues to inspire the rest of us.:D

Reactions: jeepnut and Leo918

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Leo, since that’s just a shooter grade , I’ll take that old thing off your hands. It’ll just clutter up the rest of your fine collection. Besides, it may have something contagious! Don’t you watch the news!? Hank A very nice pickup. I have to find a barber like that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts