Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and pre Happy Father's day to all you father's. Saved another K22 from a local pawn shop, serial # 3330X 1947 in fair shape some bluing lose but action and lock up are great, shoots like a dream. My question is it came with 2 different grips. Left side diamond magna's which would be correct. Right side looks like diamond magna's with larger checkering, i have not seen these before. They are numbered #461627 stamped should be 1961. Any info would be great. Now for the plus if you have the gun with the same serial# i will give it to you. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all and pre Happy Father's day to all you father's. Saved another K22 from a local pawn shop, serial # 3330X 1947 in fair shape some bluing lose but action and lock up are great, shoots like a dream. My question is it came with 2 different grips. Left side diamond magna's which would be correct. Right side looks like diamond magna's with larger checkering, i have not seen these before. They are numbered #461627 stamped should be 1961. Any info would be great. Now for the plus if you have the gun with the same serial# i will give it to you. Thanks View attachment 471730 View attachment 471731 View attachment 471732 View attachment 471733
Sorry the serial # on the grip is 481627 best I can tell

·
Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass and happy father's day! Both grip panels are heavily worn. The left panel is a sharp shouldered magna which is correct for the era of the revolver. The right panel is not a sharp shouldered example and is extremely worn. Someone recut some of the checkering which changes the look to make much larger checkering groups in large diamonds. If you want to replace the grips, make sure you get ones like the left panel. In good condition, they tend to be a bit pricey these days. So, don't be aghast if you have to pay in the vicinity of $200+ for them. By the way, your SN begins with K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts