Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AZ got gobsmacked with rain this winter. Jeez I think I have gills. The good thing is it is already making the desert beautiful and in a week or two it will be in full force. A little early this year because of all the rain

DSCF1678sm.JPG

DSCF1685sm.JPG

DSCF1693sm.JPG

DSCF1669.JPG

I laugh at people back east who think desert is colorless!!

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
That is very nice.....wish I was there! The desert is pretty nice in the cooler months, but you can keep those 100+ days, that go on forever, in the summer. Around here.....the 80's is plenty hot for me. We usually get it in July and August, with a week or so of the 90's. YIKES!!!! August tends to be humid too!!! I hate it!!! Bob

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is very nice.....wish I was there! The desert is pretty nice in the cooler months, but you can keep those 100+ days, that go on forever, in the summer. Around here.....the 80's is plenty hot for me. We usually get it in July and August. August tends to be humid too!!! I hate it!!! Bob
Its a dry heat!!!

Actually .. It is and feels much different than back east. In NY 85 was sweltering and everything smelled bad. You took a shower and didnt dry for the rest of the day. Worse .. most of the boroughs were not built for AC so you get little comfort but mostly I remember NY stinking from mid july right through August. Just a low grade stench you lived with.

Here .. my whine meter is set to about 107. Up to 107 ... no problem. I still walk for exercise, go hiking and enjoy the outdoors. After that .. yea .. it starts to wear on a brother. That and if I leave my bike in the sun for 10 minutes the seat is so hot it burns the bumm!!

But .. it smells awesome and looks beautiful! .. Arizona .. not my Bumm :)

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
God had great vision mate....Looks wonderful, and has a purpose..

thewelshm

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and all the pretty flowers are surrounded by 3 inch spikes .. Seems appropriate somehow!

Weeds .. OMG... I have been out with my little sprayer every single day for about 2 months .. Still losing!!

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
AZ and rain - funny guy! My ex in-laws lived there in the 70s and 80s; I lived in Northern NV; the standard definition of 6" of rain meant there was one rain drop every 6 inches, IF it made it to the ground.....................ijfpfnfna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts