Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Eventually supply will come back and there will be ammo sales once again. Gun prices should stabilize but I don't see desirable or classic irons ever coming back to pre-covid levels. Just the way the market is going. Having a few pieces to sell now is almost..entertaining. Kind of like the housing market around here. people are listing at 20-30% more than the "market" value and selling in hours over those prices. SO glad there is NO inflation. The gubbermint hard at work protecting our future...

Im heading up to a place called the Mill today....65 gun shops under one roof! The chief wants to buy something he saw last time he was there. Ill go along to keep him out of trouble...:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wanna see those pre-China-Flu prices come back..?? All you have to do is be patient. When the Federal government starts their mandatory buy-backs of several popular firearms you'll be amazed how low THEY will value those guns. Of course..you don't HAVE to sell, you can choose to become a felon, and lose ALL your guns along with most of the money in your IRA paying for lawyers to keep you out of Federal prison.
This is what defeat looks like.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
An internet trade board I frequent had its ammo and shooting section literally explode with ads over the past few months. The number of WTS WTT ads are just starting to ebb but there are still a lot of people looking for primers and powder. We are not out of this yet.

John

·
Banned
3,101 Posts
Wanna see those pre-China-Flu prices come back..?? All you have to do is be patient. When the Federal government starts their mandatory buy-backs of several popular firearms you'll be amazed how low THEY will value those guns. Of course..you don't HAVE to sell, you can choose to become a felon, and lose ALL your guns along with most of the money in your IRA paying for lawyers to keep you out of Federal prison.
This is what defeat looks like.
You could claim a boating accident :cool:

Until they drain the lake :eek:

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 'lost them in a boating accident ' won't work. You have to prove it. The only 'loophole' in it is unregistered firearms that have no traceable paperwork. Lets just say that I qualify for that. I told the person who bought them to save the brass. if he does, all good. if he don't fine too. I prefer he would but I don't navigate his ship, he does.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Registered
67 Posts
The 'lost them in a boating accident ' won't work. You have to prove it. The only 'loophole' in it is unregistered firearms that have no traceable paperwork. Lets just say that I qualify for that. I told the person who bought them to save the brass. if he does, all good. if he don't fine too. I prefer he would but I don't navigate his ship, he does.
How do you prove you lost something?

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simple, you don't have physical presence anymore, but you do have the registration paper trail. If course it's then your word against theirs. Problem with that is, as an individual, you are always suspect.

Best avenue is no paper trail what so ever. I have some like that. Just good insurance.

·
Registered
21,316 Posts
I don't see the 'boating accident ploy' to be any good. It's been sooo over discussed.......they won't believe you. They will raid your house to get them.....and charge you with attempting to commit fraud. They won't hesitate to 'take you up the river' for that. In the end, the government......can do anything it pleases. Biden/Harris can make an EO to confiscate any weapons.....from anybody!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! What are you going to do????Sue them? :rolleyes: Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.