Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
I just picked up the new M&P 40c tonight! I bought it Saturday and got permit today. Took 15 mins for permit! I guess I get in on the (2) free clips promo too!

The second clip that came with the gun didn't have the finger ext, anyone else's like that?

I wonder if the free ones will have the ext on them, I think I'll give them a call tomorrow.

This is my 1st auto, I'm mainly revolver hunter, but, now I have to start looking for carry holsters, I take cpl class next month.

I'm thinking that leather is the best for slickness vs. cordura/nylon, especially on the belt (pancake). Leather or crda/nyln shoulder rig may be relatively same.

Anyone have any thoughts on good carry rigs for these styles?

Anyway, I think I'll like the 40c, it's really not small and should handle the rounds OK. Big change from revolvers. I'm sure I'll have fun with it in class.

Thanks,
WGlide90

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Now.........where are the pictures? :p I recommend plastic holsters for plastic pistols (always worked well for me). We will also need a comprehensive shooting report.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Charlie,

You were thinking of the formed plastic type? The problem I've seen on some that are not formed is the muzzle end is bulky and it is tight in nylon style.

I got free range membership with purch so I'll let you know how it shoots soon. I still haven't set up for pics yet on that photobucket thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI!
Update on the finger extentions for the clips. I called S&W today about the extra clip that comes with the gun not having the finger ext, the guy said he will send me one.

I also asked about the promotion for 2 free clips and he said they should have the finger thing on them. Although he didn't sound to confident on that. I sent in for mine yesterday and wrote on the coupon to include the finger exts. Hope they come with the exts.

Anyway, I hope to get to the range this weekend try it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts