Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
It doesn't look very compact for EDC in a IWB holster. I like a small, compact pistol in 9mm., like my Ruger LC9s in a small, clip on type holster. I also don't need more than 7 rounds/mag.. I sometimes carry a spare mag., if I feel 7+1 ain't enough!!! I'm not an LEO .....so doubt there will be an extended 'shoot out'. I just need a couple shots to get the job done! kfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Get a Hogue grip sleeve for that new gun.. That and the 12 round Mag make it feel like a bigger gun.. It's a dandy.
I have found my ideal EDC gun in the Sig.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It doesn't look very compact for EDC in a IWB holster. I like a small, compact pistol in 9mm., like my Ruger LC9s in a small, clip on type holster. I also don't need more than 7 rounds/mag.. I sometimes carry a spare mag., if I feel 7+1 ain't enough!!! I'm not an LEO .....so doubt there will be an extended 'shoot out'. I just need a couple shots to get the job done! kfjdrfirii Bob
But how do you shot it? I had an lcp in 380. Sure you could hide it easily but I couldnt hit a damn thing with it unless i threw it at someone. I would rather work with concealing something slightly meatier and know i will hit what I am at reliably and imprive my chances of not hitting what i didnt intend to

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Whats the sense of buying a "compact" pistol and then getting a extra long extended mag?
I have a Khar PM 9 (6+1)that I can carry in my front pocket as easy as I can my Ruger LCP. Dont use the 1 rd extension on either one I don't need 10+ rounds of ammo.

·
Registered
23,436 Posts
I really like mine, 100% dependable clean or dirty. I carry the 12 round mag for backup on the off chance I'll need amore ammo but doesn't affect size for CCW.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Excuses (reasons) are the equivalent of rear-ends, everyone has one. When I first examined thus held one (P365) the griping length was to short for my XL hand size. I see now that additional capacity magazines are available. With that said I'm going to make due with my S&W Shield 9X19MM with its less than adequate magazine capacity of (8) rounds as opposed to the new minimum capacity of (10) Rds.

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
I shoot the Ruger 9mm. and .22 LR pretty good.....they both have a compact, but adequate grip, for a compact pistol. I don't like too small a grip, that's why I prefer a small Combat grip on my M-36.....rather than a Boot Grip. It's more important that you shoot well! ;)

I looked at a Ruger LCP .380 a few times, but it was just a little too small......plus I prefer a 9mm. cartridge. Then, Ruger came out with the LC9 w/ hammer, but it got bad reviews. When they changed it to striker fired, it dropped the trigger pull to 5#. Seemed better for me! :D Bob

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Congrats and obtaining a great firearm. Enjoy!:cool:

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
Shooting the Ruger LC9s is pretty brutal using Winchester Personal Protection 147 Gr. JHP. As I said before, in the 17 oz. pistol, it really jumps in my hand. I shoot one handed now, but I used to use both hands. It feels like a .45 ACP going off. It jerks my hand around quite a bit. I bought another box of the ammo, to practice with. Hopefully, I will learn to control it better. Good thing I'm not recoil shy. I've shot .45 ACP and .44 mags, even a .45-70 rifle. (Which I shot better than the guy who owned it!)

Dennis, Can you offer me any advice? You mentioned that you shot this load, before......plus a lot of .45ACP!!! I may need a little help. Maybe I will have to get some 124 Gr. Gold Dot JHP....or other expensive ammo! Bob

·
Registered
19,943 Posts
My wife liked mine so much I had to buy her her own

·
Premium Member
12,722 Posts
I shot one of these in 9mm that one of my co-instructors recently bought. It points well and shoots well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts