Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a batch of Hi-Tek coated bullets tonight. I got 1000,125gr for 9mm, 500, 130gr and 500, 158gr for 38/357 and 500 233gr RN for 45acp, same price as they have been for a year. I ordered from Summers Enterprises. he was shut down a couple weeks while making bullets & filling back orders but now is taking new orders. I have a decent supply of most of these except the bullets for 45acp, but I wanted enough on hand to last through next year.
He also sells conventional cast lead bullets if you don't like the Hi-Tek coated ones

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
jonesy814 If you have tested them, how is the accuracy of the Hi Tek bullets Vs. regular FMJ or JHP bullets in your 9's? My use of lead bullets in 9mm has been limited, but I have a few hundred uncoated bullets I need to use.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonesy814 If you have tested them, how is the accuracy of the Hi Tek bullets Vs. regular FMJ or JHP bullets in your 9's? My use of lead bullets in 9mm has been limited, but I have a few hundred uncoated bullets I need to use.
Before going to the coated bullets, I used mostly Xtreme Plated bullets. The Hi-Tek coated bullets are just as accurate if not more so. They run a lot cleaner than lubricated, cast lead bullets and I have had no issues with leading or residual coating in my barrels, even at 357 magnum velocities. They are cleaner to load too. I will be sticking with coated bullets

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Before going to the coated bullets, I used mostly Xtreme Plated bullets. The Hi-Tek coated bullets are just as accurate if not more so. They run a lot cleaner than lubricated, cast lead bullets and I have had no issues with leading or residual coating in my barrels, even at 357 magnum velocities. They are cleaner to load too. I will be sticking with coated bullets
Thanks for the info. I have used some Xtreme with good results, but regular lead bullets have not been nearly as good in my nines as with the .45 ACP. Sounds like I need to order some HI Tek nines.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've been buying .45 ACP bullets from Missouri Bullet Company. They give a discount to members of my club and have flat rate shipping for up to 2,000 bullets. I've tried both coated bullets and sized-and-lubed bullets. The coated bullets are much better, so plus one on the Hi-Tek coated rounds.

Hector

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for the tip jonesy. I like hi-tek coated pills.How's their shipping rates?
I ordered a batch of Hi-Tek coated bullets tonight. I got 1000,125gr for 9mm, 500, 130gr and 500, 158gr for 38/357 and 500 233gr RN for 45acp, same price as they have been for a year. I ordered from Summers Enterprises. he was shut down a couple weeks while making bullets & filling back orders but now is taking new orders. I have a decent supply of most of these except the bullets for 45acp, but I wanted enough on hand to last through next year.
He also sells conventional cast lead bullets if you don't like the Hi-Tek coated ones

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
I've been buying .45 ACP bullets from Missouri Bullet Company. They give a discount to members of my club and have flat rate shipping for up to 2,000 bullets. I've tried both coated bullets and sized-and-lubed bullets. The coated bullets are much better, so plus one on the Hi-Tek coated rounds.

Hector
MBC is currently 6-8 weeks behind; they are hoping to fill all August orders by the end of this month.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tip jonesy. I like hi-tek coated pills.How's their shipping rates?
Summers Ent. charges a flat rate of $16.00 for shipping up to 4 boxes of bullets. For example his 125gr bullets for 9mm come in a 500 or 950 bullet box, so you could get 4 of either of those, or mix other calibers to get your 4 boxes. he also offers 5% off if your order is over $150

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nice, very competitive. I'll add them to the list.
Summers Ent. charges a flat rate of $16.00 for shipping up to 4 boxes of bullets. For example his 125gr bullets for 9mm come in a 500 or 950 bullet box, so you could get 4 of either of those, or mix other calibers to get your 4 boxes. he also offers 5% off if your order is over $150

1 - 12 of 12 Posts