Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and my biggest enabler called and look what I found on a local gun sight. 940 for $575. I called the seller and talked to him a bit and come to find out he is a contractor that has lost most of his work. So didn't really try to talk him down
20200429_145638.jpg

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
A friend and my biggest enabler called and look what I found on a local gun sight. 940 for $575. I called the seller and talked to him a bit and come to find out he is a contractor that has lost most of his work. So didn't really try to talk him down View attachment 466305
Nice J frame and at a fair price too. A couple months ago the LGS had a 640 and a model 60, both at $599.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sweet .. no tax, no shipping and no lock. You got a nice gun and the seller pays the rent next month. I think it's an awesome deal all around.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once again what I always find strange is the gun is filthy. At least it came with a 5 moon clips. I do find cleaning relaxing so will not complain to much. I also bought 65 will post it later. It is filthy also.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Could be the seller of the 940 was too bummed out for having to sell the gun to clean it one last time.
I find myself giving people the benefit of doubt more often as I grow older.
But you did get a good deal.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey fellow Devil Dog, yes I think he was bummed but relieved at the same time. I no it still saddens me a bit when I think about them gems I had to sell, but I still have my home so bummer feel subside quickly.

·
Registered
27,091 Posts
Congratulations on adding that fine revolver to your collection.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts