Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won this on GB and it just came through the door.got to love my C&R FFL license that made this possible.
Nicer than I expected...looks unfired. Best $775 (with shipping) I have spent in a long time! If these were double the price I would be buying them. Well..at least a couple of them.

I just sold a Para-Ordnance autoloader on GB for the same amount that I paid for this fine revolver so a wash! Sure wish I could do this every time I had a gun I didn’t care for. Got to go squeeze off a few! Forged,pinned and recessed with all the FAT goodies. Not to mention that cutaway trigger guard. Damn..,who says commemorative aren’t worth buying.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No case no knife. I have a few of those TR ensembles tucked away already. I really really like this particular model 19, so...I bought one to shoot so I wouldn't feel "guilty" about "tarnishing up" one in a complete set.

Poor little unloved orphan....come to Daddy. Here..have some Ballistol and ammo...lets go for a walk..:)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey 500,

That sure is swell! "King of the K Frames"!

Did you get the box & knife? Ooops. Asked & Answered. My apologies.....

(am only drooling a little bit) :D

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Congrats, I was looking at that one, glad you won it. Beautiful gun.

·
Registered
22,175 Posts
Congrats on obtaining a fine revolver. The commemorative revolvers are shunned by a lot of people, but they are excellent and just as good as the standard revolvers. I picked up a Pa. State Police commemorative (19-4) a couple of years ago and love it. Enjoy yours.:cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
My father has a commemorative 66-2 6"... July 1984 production date.

It is a Southern Pacific Railroad Police Department 1878-1986 engraved presentation pistol, in a wood case with etched glass, #42 of 262 - and was presented to him by the SPRR!

At the banquet where they were presented, one of the high muckety-mucks in the SP headquarters tried to buy it from my Father, and was shocked when he was informed that it would never be for sale at any price.

A photo of my Father's Sgt SPRRPD badge is in the case, and my Father has his Retired SPRRPD badge in his wallet to this day (he transferred into the PD from the telegraphy/signals department in ~1960, and retired in ~1992).

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have one, see my avatar. Came without the knife, think unfired, had the original warranty card, unopened tool kit and S&W ammo ads. Hasn't been fired yet. Still in the display box.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Model 19s are great little revolvers in all iterations. Thinning the triggerguard was a trick Bill Jordan used to get his finger to the trigger in the least amount of time.

Kevin

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats on obtaining a fine revolver. The commemorative revolvers are shunned by a lot of people, but they are excellent and just as good as the standard revolvers. I picked up a Pa. State Police commemorative (19-4) a couple of years ago and love it. Enjoy yours.:cool:
WV State Police supposedly had one made as well. However, with only 627 produced (per SCSW) I’ve never seen one & sadly I probably never will.

*shrug*

Oh well, Smith made lots of other guns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts