Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had them out to check something, thought I'd snap a pic.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Were they in tune?
They do strike a chord with me
There is at least one more singing like a siren to me

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
BC, Very nice looking pair! ;) I like the stocks on the top one.
Are they Spegels? They have a much better profile then the S&W Target Stocks, that many collectors seem to prefer. With the checkering, and the finger grooves, they look much better for people who actually shoot their Smiths'. :roll: Bob

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
BC,
Good lookin' pair! I'm wondering about the grips on the top too. Are they Nills?

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
OK I give up, what where you checking?

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hunter said:
OK I give up, what where you checking?
I was comparing the hammers after reading an article in Guns & Ammo! Bob and Carl, the grips on the Model 29 (top pic) are Craig Spegels and I really do like them. My hands are small and both the Spegels and Herretts shown on the Mod 28 help a whole lot. Nice jab Ken, I'd have rather been shooting them too! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strawhat, the article was about the "new" N-Frames that are available from S&W (they have the IL) and noted the transfer bar hammer set-up. My two N's aren't real old being 70-80's, so I wanted to see if both were of like mechanical operation, which they are and are solid hammers. The article does give a pretty good S&W history, but that can be found other places as well. They have an on-line magazine that you might be able to access without a subscription, but since I have one, I can't verify for sure.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't bought a new S&W (or any firearm) in a while so I haven't been keeping up with the changes. S&W now uses a transfer bar? Next thing you know, they will be making a 1911!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts