Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hot yesterday, around 87 degrees with scattered thunderstorms. We decided it would be cooler after dinner and planned a 7:00 on range session. Rained from 3:30 til almost 6:00 and weather radar showed another band running through in a couple hours.
I brought my 625 and my SD9VE, and had my 442 in my pocket. Curt brought his model 67 and his 19-4 which he needs to bring out a lot more. Tim was up for a visit and brought his Glock 22
2020-07-19_19-16-10_517.jpg

We started with a drill I made up a few years ago with different colored shapes in Kraft paper. We shoot this at about 18 feet. On the call of "Threat!" , the shooter begins to draw his gun. While he is doing that one of us calls out a color or a shape. The shooter tries to hit the correct target or targets with a controlled pair. We did pretty well with no misses.

2020-07-19_19-46-04_575.jpg

Here I am about to bring my gun up to shoot
2020-07-19_22-38-43_202.jpg

Here is Tim, shooting Curts model 19
2020-07-19_19-45-46_487.jpg

This one is Curt shooting my 625
2020-07-19_19-51-39_840.jpg

And finally, Here I am shooting the M19. It's a great shooting gun. Curt out Thai grips on it for shooting so he could preserve the factory target presentation grips. They work very well
2020-07-19_22-39-33_923.jpg

We would have liked a bit more time but clouds were rolling in and we could hear distant thunder so we packed up our gear about 8:00. It was raining pretty good as I locked the gate behind us

·
Registered
22,159 Posts
Was a great day as usual! Love the variety of firearms. Was happy with my overall performance at the range as was everyone else. The Model 19 functioned well and was a joy to shoot. Of course the 67-5 was spot on. Jonesy's 625 was a blast. Glad we have the opportunity to get together with friends to do things like this to keep up our skills.

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
Just another excellent time in the field. Even if short, still good time for all. Good selection of guns too.

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quite the variety of handguns! If you practice with any of them, they can be faithful friends. Range time matters. ;)
We shoot each others guns as well as trying to bring different ones each time. There is enough variety that we feel fairly confident with any gun we pick up, but there are a couple that get out almost every time. J frames are not my favorites to shoot, but I shoot them often because it is what I am usually carrying

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
It is always fun to get together with friends to shoot. Glad you got to shoot between rain storms. Again, love the picture of your guns. Very nice variety. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice assortment of revolvers and semis, looks like you had a good time. I haven't been out shooting in a long time, pics like that get me interested, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Was hot yesterday, around 87 degrees with scattered thunderstorms. We decided it would be cooler after dinner and planned a 7:00 on range session. Rained from 3:30 til almost 6:00 and weather radar showed another band running through in a couple hours.
I brought my 625 and my SD9VE, and had my 442 in my pocket. Curt brought his model 67 and his 19-4 which he needs to bring out a lot more. Tim was up for a visit and brought his Glock 22
View attachment 474983
We started with a drill I made up a few years ago with different colored shapes in Kraft paper. We shoot this at about 18 feet. On the call of "Threat!" , the shooter begins to draw his gun. While he is doing that one of us calls out a color or a shape. The shooter tries to hit the correct target or targets with a controlled pair. We did pretty well with no misses.

View attachment 474984
Here I am about to bring my gun up to shoot
View attachment 474985
Here is Tim, shooting Curts model 19
View attachment 474986
This one is Curt shooting my 625
View attachment 474987
And finally, Here I am shooting the M19. It's a great shooting gun. Curt out Thai grips on it for shooting so he could preserve the factory target presentation grips. They work very well
View attachment 474988
We would have liked a bit more time but clouds were rolling in and we could hear distant thunder so we packed up our gear about 8:00. It was raining pretty good as I locked the gate behind us
Looks like a great day mate ps....87 isn't hot mate!..:)

thewelshm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts