Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45,340 Posts
Mine is a 25-2 in .45 ACP (It has no "Effector" markings)

This is the end label of the box. The stickers were placed on the box by Jovino, as was their practice.

What is the recoil like with such a short barrel?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
What is the recoil like with such a short barrel?
Not bad at all. Having said that, I bought it to replace a scandium frame Nightguard .45 ACP which was close to brutal.

I qualified with it and carried it for a couple of years. Not much difference in recoil than a longer barrel full steel gun, but the muzzle flash is much more pronounced.

·
Registered
45,340 Posts
Welcome! John Jovino, there's a name I haven't heard in a while! He rolled out some nice ones back in the day.
Back in the 80s when I had a FFL and subscribed to The Shotgun News (where everyone had ads and you ordered from, I saw lots of ads for Jovino's special runs and I wish I had known what I know about them; I wouldn't have to worry about my 401K!:D

·
Registered
40,380 Posts
Here a pic of a John Jovino 25-5 Effector My uncle bought it new and my cousin inherited it upon his death. He has the original receipt from his father’s purchase but no box. He also has a similar nickel plated 25-5 from Lew Horton.
View attachment 579460
Welcome to the forum! wiping the drool from my keyboard...that's a beauty!
Forehead Eyebrow Smile Jaw Beard

·
Registered
22 Posts
OP your cousin has a nice revolver. I find it odd that no Jovino that I’m aware of has any of their markings on them. My 28-2 doesn’t even have 357 on it because it was on the longer barrel the original version had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts