Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the 1973 James Bond movie, Live and Let Die with Roger Moore and in a scene where he went to save Jane Seymore from the natives, he used a Smith&Wesson, nickle, 6 or 6 1/2 in. model 29 or 57, carried in what appeared to be a Bianchi shoulder rig.
And in jumping into the large group he fired the only six shots he had and threw the gun away, what a man.
Was there any other James Bond movie where he used a Smith&Wesson?
Here's a pic of one similar he was using.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There was the one he took from Pu$$y Galore on the plane in Goldfinger. I think it was a 38.44.
DW

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DWFAN, I think you're correct, I do remember her having a S&W but did not pay attention to model.

·
Registered
81 Posts
IIRC, wasn't that Goldfinger's S&W, and wasn't it gold plated? It was a large frame fixed sight gun, I think. I'll try to dig out the DVD tonight.

There was that famous line, "That's a Smith & Wesson, and you've had your six." But the gun was an autoloader. I want to say Dr. No, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yep, that line was from Doctor No. It's a shame they messed up like that.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Also in "Diamonds are Forever" as James, and the CIA are about to rescue Willard White, James' CIA buddy hands Bond a model 49 or 38.

One of the later films has James packing a SW model 10 in Cuba when he goes out to the island. Movie is Die another Day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to imfdb.org, which is the internet movie gun database which has detailed gun information on tons of movies. By the way, it was Dr. No, and the actual pistol was a 1911, not a S&W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts