Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it is this 649-5 lock & all. I'll try this not sure if the pic will open. I need to go back to photobucket. BBL

Ok the fitth time should be a charm

This should work

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Call me a dinosaur, but I still rely on a J-Frame as a Primary.... 640-1 Centennial Magnum.

·
Registered
600 Posts
mod 60-9 .357 2.25bbl.

·
Administrator
8,112 Posts
Well, I only have one J frame so I guess it's my favorite! :lol:

My Model 36 w/holster, as it's carried each day.. sorry for the repeat pic. I just posted this in a different thread recently.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great lookin guns Gents !!

I think the M 49 is the best of both worlds . You still have single action and the no snag hammer . Pretty cool . Heres my no dash and is unfired ....

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Well, my everyday carry is a Model 37, but this picture is of my "favorite" J-frame. She's a sweet Model 36 and is what infected me with the S&W sickness a few years back!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Call me a dinosaur, but I still rely on a J-Frame as a Primary.... 640-1 Centennial Magnum.
Dinosaur? Not hardly. I have several handguns I bought for CCW purposes, but it comes down to always returning to the mighty J frame. They are small and compact and carry nicely. Fact is, a 36 or 37 with it's 5 and maybe an extra loading is really all any of us average Joe's will ever need in a real situation. 357, 40 and 45 aside, the 38 Special is still a formidable round that is most likely going to solve the issue very decisively in a very short amount of time.
Mine is a 37. But I have a pre 38, and a 34-1, and a 43, and....

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
My 36, it has correct stocks since this pic was taken, all I need is a T-Grip.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I guess this 640-3, since it's the one I carry the most:

Not being a traditionalist, I like those nice, smooth MIM parts. :D

David

·
Registered
273 Posts
Everyday it's either the 36 3 inch or 342. Classics stand the test of time. New "Magnum" frame J's share almost no parts with older models but still retain the ergonomics that make the gun so popular

Boats

1 - 20 of 36 Posts