Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got the last one to the collection. So now I have , new to me, 649, 640, 60, and a 60-4. No safe queens either. These little blasters will be put to good use!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
looks like two are loaded and ready for business!
My only J is a 649 magnum and its always carried!

kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
20,165 Posts
No doubt about it!!! A J frame is just about the best for CCW. ...........and it looks like you got that covered. ;) Bob

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Leighton Congrats. Nice J frames.
I also have a 649 magnum. I lost that one, my wife loves that 649. She carries it with full magnum loads. She can shoot that 649 real well. Over the weekend I put a nice set of J frame magna's on it. I carried it in my pocket for the day.. With the magna service type grips. The magna's sure makes the revolver feel better in my pocket. The Uncle Mike grips are very large compared to the magna service grips. My wife tried the 649 with the magna's and wanted the Uncle Mike grips back on it. As soon as she shot the 649 with the magna grips. She looked at me and said put the black grips (Uncle Mike's) back on.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
wherever I go while off duty, my 642 is with me! Nothing but good things to say about it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your not kidding about "J Frames Rule"..
Also I have seen a safe queen J frame before but I'd guess that 99.9% of them are in service as they make the best darn bug guns on the planet..
I "NEVER" leave my house without one..
They are just so easy to drop in a pocket holster & put in my front pocket..
Here's my current two J Frames 940 & 642/942..
Not a new pic but a decent one..
Hard to get a good pic of those shiny Spegels & Stainless without a flash ruining the pic..
Gary/Hk

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Well, yuh know, I'm not too fond of J-frame revolvers in anything other than .22 or .32 caliber. Recoil. Damn, I hate it when one of those things snorts and bucks. I can't even stand the 148 grain wadcutters. But, yuh know what? Guess which revolver is always, always in the Jeep with me? Yeah, a Model 38. Can you beat that? If the sh*t ever hits the fan, I'll dig out that blue-lightening and unravel some ca'tridges.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Been a fan of the 'J's for a long time as they just fit me .Have had many but now just a 442 and a 317,looking to get a few more since I am back to EDCing them around town.Still grab a plastic gun when I go to city or even large towns.Just keep the J for the ankle then.That is a NICE set you have there - so PLEASDE remember that you were once told - DONT SELL THEM,you will regret it !!.

·
Super Moderator
33,380 Posts
I only have the one, a 60-10, but it is a fun shooter.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scaatylobo258 said:
Been a fan of the 'J's for a long time as they just fit me .Have had many but now just a 442 and a 317,looking to get a few more since I am back to EDCing them around town.Still grab a plastic gun when I go to city or even large towns.Just keep the J for the ankle then.That is a NICE set you have there - so PLEASDE remember that you were once told - DONT SELL THEM,you will regret it !!.
J's will never leave.

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
I carry my M60 every day. I also love my M36, something about a snub nose in blue and wood.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Leighton,
Very nice collection of J-frames. kfjdrfirii Don't fret that they're not all safe queens as the J-frames were meant to be carried and used. I only have one J-frame. It's a blue model 49. It was my first center fired revolver that I ever purchased way back in 1984/ 85. It has stayed loaded and close by since the day I brought her home.

Craig Spegal makes some fine "Bootgrips" that helps tame the recoil with hot loads and they look outstanding as well.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!!! Had them out this weekend for a run. My son shot them more than I did, and ran through about 200rnds!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too love J-frames, and have in the neighborhood of 20. Latest aquistions include a 637 and a 442 with "Super Tuned" triggers.
The only one I ever gave up was the Sc model. Like grabbing onto an electric fence.

·
Registered
20,165 Posts
I don't have a collection of J frames......just the one old M-36, that I use for CCW. That was it's purpose, when I first bought it. It still is my primary self defense gun. Like all S&W's......they were meant to be used. ;) Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts