Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
...and the LCR is now selling in some places (since the "I gotta be the first on my block to have one" craziness has died down) for $379.

My LCR's double action trigger measured 9 pounds on my Lyman digital trigger scale. I couldn't even measure my S&W Model 40-1 because the scale only goes to 12 pounds and my little J-Frame's DA trigger was somewhere over that.

I still love my little nickle .38 S&W, but the Ruger LCR is a great carry gun and shooter.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
mm6mm6 said:
...and the LCR is now selling in some places (since the "I gotta be the first on my block to have one" craziness has died down) for $379.

My LCR's double action trigger measured 9 pounds on my Lyman digital trigger scale. I couldn't even measure my S&W Model 40-1 because the scale only goes to 12 pounds and my little J-Frame's DA trigger was somewhere over that.

I still love my little nickle .38 S&W, but the Ruger LCR is a great carry gun and shooter.

So when are you going to engrave it????? kihfL kihfL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Personally I'd take the J frame over the LCR anyday, I played with the first LCR that I came across and frankly I was disappointed with it. My EDC is an SP101 357 and it feels solid and well put together, the LCR feels cheap and seems to me anyway that it won't stand up to the kind of abuse that Rugers are known for. I've had several J's in the past and all have given stellar performance but I switched to the Ruger to get the 357 chambering without having to sell a kidney to buy it. The LCR doesn't interest me in the slightest, it may work for you though.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
QC, To engrave an LCR, all you need is a book of matches and a sharp 10penny nail.........and a little skill. :roll: :lol: Bob

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Havent you guys ever heard of a wood burning kits. A picture Mickey Mouse on each side wouldnt take to much skill.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Though I do poke fun at it........it looks to me, to be an excellent carry gun. Plus, the price is more reasonable.........for a gun to get lots of carry abuse! Now, if they become legal in Mass., I would be interested in getting one. Bob

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
If I weren't taking care of family to the tune of a 3rd world country's annual budget, I would get an LCR! I've read numerous articles about them and none were critical enough to change my mind. Gun Test gave it the nod in a recent "ankle holster" carry, when competing against a S&W and Charter Arms comparison, giving it an A- rating. Besides the light carry weight, the whole design's reported ability to absorb recoil is key in my mind. My son has a 340PD and even with 38 Special, it becomes oppressive after not that many rounds.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There is a very interesting & well written article about the LCR in the Aug. 09 American Rifleman & everyone here should get that mag or the American Hunter! The author said he'd shot one that had had 10,000 test rounds of +P loads through it & it was working well. The world is ga ga over the black auto pistols & black plastic rifles & we can't give the time of day to a black revolver???

There are also some pretty good photos of it taken apart. Frank nfiofnp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts