Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My go-to holster for my Gen 1 Shield .40 has always been my Crossbreed MiniTuck. Most comfortable IWB holster I’ve ever owned. However, I just had Southwest Precision do an RDO cut for my recently acquired Holosun HS507K X2 mini RDO and now of course it won’t fit in the Crossbreed anymore.

I’m looking for recommendations on an IWB holster that will accommodate the Shield with an optic on it. Worst case I suppose I could take a Dremel to the shell on the MiniTuck and make my own cutout for the RDO. Any thoughts?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I had Battlewerk cut my G43X for the 507k. The blade tech for the G43 works good and best part it is IWB or OWB.

How did SW precision do on your optic cut? Was it refinished?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had Battlewerk cut my G43X for the 507k. The blade tech for the G43 works good and best part it is IWB or OWB.

How did SW precision do on your optic cut? Was it refinished?
Thanks! I’ll check it out.

I can’t say enough about the job SW did on the slide. They did front and back Saber cuts, the cut and the screw taps for the RDO, and I had them Cerakote it in desert tan. Turned out amazing. Optic mounted up easy as pie. It was quite a long wait, on the order of 2+ months, but it was well worth it. I highly recommend them.

Oh, and I talked to Crossbreed and they can mount a new shell on my existing pad for $25 or I can just modify the existing shell. I think I may just opt for the latter. Break out the Dremel and start trimming!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.