Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody give me some other pistol models that I can use for a holster search that will also fit my 669.

The pistol is now old enough that it isn't listed on hardly any fit charts any more.

It appears to be a pretty common size, but I don't know what other models are similar in size and shape to try to match it against.

My problem is that I can't seem to find a left handed IWB holster that I like that's listed to fit my 669.
I like the Bianchi 3S but I can't find the exact model that mine fits to.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've been waiting for someone else to chime in for you GC, because I'm not sure what your 669 is similar to. That said, my holster for my 5906 is from El Paso Saddlery and is the "Crosshair." I would recommend that if you like the gun and plan on keeping it that you go with a custom holster maker like El Paso or even Robo Leather. I don't have a Robo, but I know Nframe (our moderator) has a couple and is very pleased. Yes, custom holsters will have a wait but they are worth it in my opinion. I love mine.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of my 669. It has a Square trigger guard. I have no idea why. It seems to be similar to the 5906.
It will be my full time carry defense pistol. If I can get a more servicable holster all the better.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: IWB Holster fit for a 669 - Lefty I found one

Went to the indoor range back in Battle Creek, MI earlier this week.
They had the entire Galco lineup on their wall. Both Right & Left hand holsters in stock.
I asked the rangemaster if he might have a holster that would fit my old 669.
He looked at it, and said it looked similar to the one of the Sig's.
He pulled out the Galco Summer Comfort Inside the Pant Holster for the Sig P-239 9/.40 and it was a perfect fit. I was impressed by how comfortable it is too. After dumping about 150 rounds at the range with my son-in-law I just had to get it before I left.
I now have all the holsters that I need for the 669.
Duty and concealed, right and left handed for me and my better half.

1 more set of holsters to find - Left & Right hand carry holsters for my Model 29, 6"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts