Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wednesday-motivational-quotes-funny-outstanding-inspirational-wednesday-quotes-with-funny-wednes.jpg

Factoids:

To demonstrate the m1917, John Browning fired the machine gun for 48 minutes straight (21,000 rounds). The U.S. Army shortly after adopted it as its standard machine gun.

Big Bertha, a gun used during WWI, was so powerful that troops had to move 300 yards away and put cotton wads in their eyes, ears and nose as well as open their mouths so that their eardrums weren't burst by the blast pressure.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Curt360, I vaguely remember that there was a hit song in about 1960 with a title like "It's illegal, it's immoral or it makes you fat." (Apologies, though: I don't remember it well enough to hum the tune.)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Recently, a routine police patrol parked outside a bar at a golf course in Texas. Shortly before closing, the officer sees a man carrying golf clubs leaving so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled and bumbled around the parking lot. The officer remained quiet observing him. The man stumbled for what seemed like an eternity trying his keys in five different vehicles.

Finally, he found his pickup truck and tried to throw his clubs in the back, but fell down trying. His golf bag and clubs fell out and tumbled on top of him. He sat there looking at his clubs and bag for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

He gathered everything up, got into his truck, started the engine and switched the wipers on and off, even though it was a clear moonlit night. Then he flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons’ vehicles left.

At last, when his was the only vehicle left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road. The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started his patrol car, and put on his emergency lights and pulled the man over.

“Good evening, officer,” the golfer said.

“License and registration, please? Have you been drinking tonight?” the officer asked.

“No sir, not a drop,” the man said.

The officer administered a breathalyzer test. To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, “I’ll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. The breathalyzer equipment must be broken.”

“I seriously doubt it,” the golfer said. “Tonight, I’m the designated decoy.”

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
One night, a drunk comes stumbling into a bar and says to the bartender: "Drinks for all on me including you, bartender." So the bartender follows the mans orders and says: "That will be $36.50 please." The drunk says he has no money so the bartender slaps him around and throws him out.
The next night the same drunk comes in again and orders a drink for everyone in the bar including the bartender. Again the bartender follows instructions and again the drunk says he has no money. So the bartender slaps him around and throws him out.
On the third night he comes in, the drunk orders drinks for all except the bartender. "What, no drink for me?" replies the bartender. "Oh, no. You get violent when you drink."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts