Smith And Wesson Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
WHY? Because this virus is unlike any other we have confronted. It is at least 10 times more contagious and spreads before you know you have it. Then in compromised people it eats up and destroys their lung tissue. Look at the data for the spread in say just 2 weeks time!

Besides that, no worries.:rolleyes:

Why we have so many internet threads and discussion about this is beyond me.??
People from the most infected area of the country are descending upon Florida. Who knows how many of them are carriers?

----

The Tampa Bay Times reports DeSantis said Monday that New Yorkers are fleeing the state and flocking to Florida to avoid NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s stay-at-home order, a near lockdown amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

“If you look at what happened in New York, when they did the stay at home order, what did people do?” DeSantis said. “Well, a lot of people fled the city. ... We’re getting huge amounts of people flying in.”

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
...it is most probably a Chinese bioweapon that got out of control...
It could be. I have also read theories that it's a US bioweapon. No one wants to hear that, though. We want it to be China because they are lying communists who stole our jobs. But we have our share of lying communists and worse right here in the USA.

Most likely, we will never know the whole truth about this.

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
The White House's coronavirus response coordinator said Tuesday that anyone who has recently left New York should self-quarantine for 14 days in an effort to slow the spread of the virus in the US.

"To everyone who has left New York over the last few days, because of the rate of the number of cases, you may have been exposed before you left New York," Dr. Deborah Birx said at a White House press briefing, adding that "everybody who was in New York should be self-quarantining for the next 14 days to ensure that the virus doesn't spread to others."

"No matter where they have gone, whether it's Florida or North Carolina or out to the far reaches of Long Island," Birx said.

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
The India lockdown will not end well.
Among other things...

In the United States, for instance, Indian imports accounted for 24 percent of medicines and 31 percent of medicine ingredients in 2018, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn told U.S. senators on Tuesday that the agency is working to determine how the restrictions will affect the U.S. medical supply and the effect on essential medicines.

A lot more info here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-india/global-supplier-india-curbs-drug-exports-as-coronavirus-fears-grow-idUSKBN20Q0ZZ

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
The White House's coronavirus response coordinator said Tuesday that anyone who has recently left New York should self-quarantine for 14 days in an effort to slow the spread of the virus in the US.

"To everyone who has left New York over the last few days, because of the rate of the number of cases, you may have been exposed before you left New York," Dr. Deborah Birx said at a White House press briefing, adding that "everybody who was in New York should be self-quarantining for the next 14 days to ensure that the virus doesn't spread to others."

"No matter where they have gone, whether it's Florida or North Carolina or out to the far reaches of Long Island," Birx said.
Shows you they know where all the ex NYers are moving too, me included. :D

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
4% (40 times greater that the lethality of the flu) is at the high end. Vanderbilt hospital sent a letter to our governor suggesting a spread to 10-34 times greater than the flu was possible with the limited information they currently had.

I think most expect the lethality rate to go significantly lower as more testing is done and then more educated 'estimates' of how many people have been infected. As of today, nearly 20,000 corona deaths already reported would represent 20 million people being infected with corona if the fatality rate was the same as the flu.

Either the the number corona cases is already in the many tens of millions worldwide or corona is much more deadly than the flu. One or the other.

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
The flu has already killed over 10,000 Americans this season. Almost half of the world wide deaths caused by the Chinese virus.

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
First i want you all to know that i speak of this from a professional perspective . 40 years in Law enforcement and 30 years a Paramedic/EMT. My older brother is a M.D. Phd professor of medicine .

Today at the pharmacy i was waiting to pick up a script for for the wife. A lady in line said " Oh this whole things will blow over next week and we will be all fine ! "

THERE IS ONLY THREE WAYS THIS VIRUS PANDEMIC ENDS #1 They find a cure .. #2 They find a vaccine to prevent its spread. of #3 it dies out on its own accord due to environmental conditions that kills the virus that are not known to us at this time .

This is not going to be over any time soon. PERIOD . Even young people who have had the virus and are now " cured " have horrible lung scaring and lung damage. this virus attacks the lungs and causes
heavy pulmonary lung damage.

All we can do is everything to prevent the spread to ourselves. Keep any close personal contact to a minimum .. Extremely careful sanitation of all surfaces and extreme hand washing .

i hate to be the bearer of sad tidings but this is not going away anytime soon . We need to be honest and face the truth. Even the pharmacist at Walgreens agreed with my statement .

He smiled at me and said " you know way to much" and thanked my for my candor.

This is not meant to scare your but to prepare you. Honesty is the best policy.

Just my opinion
First I've heard of Lung Scaring. No one else has talked about that.

·
Registered
8,897 Posts

Sounds like we need to build a wall around NY. Like that movie "escape from NY". HMMMMM we can keep in Deblasio.

·
Registered
19,420 Posts
I'm all for, all the voting in Congress being verbal from each and every member, on all of the bills being put forward to help Americans. Democrats, like Pelosi, need to be 'on record' on what they vote for! They have added the partison 'PORK' to Trump's attempt to help this country, during these hard times. They need to be exposed for what they are!!!! They only want the "Green New Deal" to be passed under the false pretenses, of helping this country thru this dire time. They will not be treated kindly in the future! kufOjagap[a They deserve to receive ALL OF THE SCORN OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!! In the future, we should take this 'treasonous behavior' into consideration, before anybody votes for them in upcoming elections!!!!! Bob

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
Sounds like we need to build a wall around NY. Like that movie "escape from NY". HMMMMM we can keep in Deblasio.
New York has half of all the corona cases in the US. That possible carriers are scurrying to different parts of the country isn't the way to reduce the spread or flatten the curve.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Technically I am on the list of "at high risk" individuals. I have several of the at risk factors.

Hell I don't want to catch a cold , the flu or anything like this virus!
and I am in pretty good shape and health, not great, but better than a lot of the Florid Old Farts.:D

So when I see Triage Tents formed outside all the local Hospitals, something just isn't right! Like I said my Wife works for a large practice which is part of the Hospital system. It's not media BS, Sure I agree the media blows things up much like Hurricanes but it is real!

·
Registered
351 Posts
According to a recent comment — “[sic] there’ve been 10k seasonal influenza deaths in the US, which is ½ of the total world-wide deaths from COVID-19”. OK — stop and reflect on that for a moment. Now — there are approximately 330 million (330,000,000) people residing in the US — there are approximately 7.8 billion (780,000,000,000 = that’s billion with a “B”!!!) on earth. So, do the math — 10,000 out of 330,000,000 compared to 20,000 out of 780,000,000,000. That’s 0.00303% in the case of the US (which is statistically insignificant), and that’s 0.000002564% for the world (which isn't only statistically insignificant, it’s statistically infinitesimal!!!).

And, just what was the original poster’s brother’s specialty???

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
Tons of people of all ages have respiratory issues. No one wants anything to do with a virus infamous for requiring a ventilator to stay above ground.

They aren't fooling around with it here. My doctor's group has set up a triage operation. None of the doctor offices will see anyone about any type of respiratory complaint, period. Call to make an appointment about your asthma acting up? You'll be immediately put in contact with their 'triage' operation. If they suspect you may have corona, you'll be instructed where to get a test right then. Otherwise, you'll be diagnosed as best they can over the phone/video app, and given a prescription if that's what needed. They will follow up with you every 48 hour no matter what the issue was. They're doing what they can to prevent the spread. Keeping potential corona patients completely away from doctor's offices makes sense. It's similar to what Vanderbilt hospital did by converting a parking garage into a treatment center for corona patients to keep them out of the main hospital.

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
3/24

Bill Gates says the US missed its chance to avoid coronavirus shutdown and businesses should stay closed

“The U.S. is past this opportunity to control (COVID-19) without shutdown,” Gates said during a TED Connects program broadcast online. “We did not act fast enough to have an ability to avoid the shutdown.”

Gates acknowledged Tuesday that self isolation will be “disastrous” for the economy, but “there really is no middle ground.” He suggested a shutdown of six to 10 weeks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/bill-gates-us-missed-its-chance-to-avoid-coronavirus-shutdown.html

·
Registered
12,332 Posts
I really am tired of talking heads. I know what I have to do and how to do it. I'm not one to be lead around by the nose, never have been. Am I concerned, of course I am but I cannot control the actions of others, only myself.

I see Prince Charles tested positive.

·
Registered
718 Posts
According to a recent comment — “[sic] there’ve been 10k seasonal influenza deaths in the US, which is ½ of the total world-wide deaths from COVID-19”.
61,000 deaths were directly attributable to flu during the 2017-8 season. (And those with other serious health problems who are "pushed over the edge" by flu are often not counted in the mortality computations.) I knew nothing about this until I searched "flu mortality." Did you? Probably not, because the media let it pass without a word; only events that can be sensationalized & blown out of proportion are considered "news worthy."

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
New York sounds like they are expecting a healthcare capacity meltdown. Cuomo says peak is expected to be about three weeks from now. Anticipating being short 87,000 beds. Refrigerated trailers for makeshift morgues are being setup outside of NYC hospitals.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts