Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just turned 72 and want to reduce my modest collection. The Smiths I'm looking to sell are a Mod.29-4 (VG condition new 1980) Mod 36 (Good Condition new 1984) Mod 686-4 (VG condition new around 1992 or 1993?) and a Mod. 696 (No Dash) New 1995(?) I really liked the 696 but I've put maybe 100 rounds down the pipe (You know - no time)

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Hello and If I hadn't said it before, welcome to the forum. What you describe sounds interesting. You can post what you are interested in selling in the WTS thread with pics and a price for members to view and possibly buy.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Nice guns with pics always draws interest. Post them in the WTS thread as Curt suggests.

PS - since you are new here post if you are a long time member of other gun forums, GunBroker, etc.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey BD,

Welcome to S&W.

Swell selection.

Pics?

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
Make sure to follow the rules when listing items for sale. The forum requires you to also include the price of items you want to sell.

Best approach is to put a separate thread up for each individual item, and include detailed, sharp, well focused pictures. Be prepared to photograph areas and details when asked by potential buyers. Most sites like ours don't permit discussing the for sale item in the listing.

I always photograph things in shaded natural sunlight, and resize the photos to about 1024 pixels on the longest axis. Software tools that edit graphics can usually do this for you. The size of the Jpegs is small and yet the detail is adequate.

You add pictures using the "Go Advanced" editor accessed through the button toward the bottom of the edit screen. Upload the photos as attachments, and insert them into the listing.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictures

Can anyone give this old man detailed but simple instructions as to attaching photos. Please remember I was born in the first half of the last century.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Can anyone give this old man detailed but simple instructions as to attaching photos. Please remember I was born in the first half of the last century.
I have no doubt someone will help mate, im not as mature as you and sometimes it sucks for me too.

thewelshm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmm, I haven't done this much on this site but her goes my try.

I load the pictures to your computer (I don't use cell phones) then go to the bottom of the page, past the last comment on your post, there is an empy box with "Quick Reply" in the grey above it. You type something like here are the pictures. Then hit the button on the bottom right that reads "Go Advanced".

Scroll down and hit the "Manage Attachments" button.

A box will open up, hit the button with the + in a green circle that says "Add Files", click the button that reads "Browse" and find your picture on your computer. Double click your picture then hit upload. You can continue to add more pictures using the "Add Files" button but I would only put maybe 5 pictures as there is usually a limit to how many on any one post. Just do another reply to add more.

Once your pictures are selected hit the "insert online" button on the bottom right of the picture select box. Then click the "done" button.

Hit the "X" at the upper right of the picture box to get rid of it, this will bring you back to the thread reply screen. Hit the "Submit Reply" button. If you see a couple of handsome lads this works:)

IMG_6257.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts