Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some years back in 2013 after retiring, I tried to start once again the task of playing guitar, a task I have ZERO natural talent for, it’s a completely forced and learned action that I endure. I can naturally write and sing most anything easily, but because of the Beatles and Rolling Stones, as a boy I decided I must play a guitar… something I can do as well as Keith Richard would enjoy by way of front page billing on any Youthful facial/body-cream magazine. Having restarted slowly back with a guitar, it's obvious old country songs are the easiest to tackle. While strumming through Merle Haggard's classic "Mama Tried", I found myself inserting different lyrics and came up with this!

"The Terrorist Mama song" (Sang to the tune of Merle Haggard's "Mama tried" classic)

"The first bomb I remember blowing was a market place overflowing, my jihad joy was flowing deep and wide.
On a refugee ride to town, not knowing next who I'd take down, one person tried to change me, so Mama died."

"Dear old Mufti prepare your soul, the infidels don't yet know, we're going to kill them all when given a bit of time.
Through all the many beheadings, required ugly burnings, Holy War’s ensures I’ll be killing mine."

CHORUS:
"I spent 10 long years in Gitmo, released without parole, no one could change my mind, so Mama died, Mama died.
Mama wanted me to look to Jesus, her pleading I denied, my heart was set and that's when unclean Mama died"

"My Father peace be upon his soul, left my Mama for a sexy goat, through tears and shame she tried to stamp out the fuse. Building bombs without rest, making my first suicide vest, Mama knew I'd be singing the '72 Virgin' blues."

Repeat Chorus:
"I spent 10 long years in Gitmo, released without parole, no one could change my mind, so Mama died, Mama died.
Mama wanted me to look to Jesus, her pleading I denied, my heart was set and that's when unclean Mama died"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I used to think I could sing. But the thought of turning it into a job stopped when I heard two examples, Mark Hollis and Freddie Mercury.
Compared to those two, I was a hack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some years back in 2013 after retiring, I tried to start once again the task of playing guitar, a task I have ZERO natural talent for, it’s a completely forced and learned action that I endure. I can naturally write and sing most anything easily, but because of the Beatles and Rolling Stones, as a boy I decided I must play a guitar… something I can do as well as Keith Richard would enjoy by way of front page billing on any Youthful facial/body-cream magazine. Having restarted slowly back with a guitar, it's obvious old country songs are the easiest to tackle. While strumming through Merle Haggard's classic "Mama Tried", I found myself inserting different lyrics and came up with this!

"The Terrorist Mama song" (Sang to the tune of Merle Haggard's "Mama tried" classic)

"The first bomb I remember blowing was a market place overflowing, my jihad joy was flowing deep and wide.
On a refugee ride to town, not knowing next who I'd take down, one person tried to change me, so Mama died."
It's very cool, you're just inspiring. That sounds great. It's commendable that you, being retired, doesn't complain about sores, but have fun. I can't wait to finish my job and enjoy my retirement in my country house. However, I advise you to take care of your financial situation from the beginning and think about reliable pensions advisors who will help you sort out your problems. These guys helped my mum to ensure regular pension payments, so now I don't even worry about it. Good luck in retirement and all the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts