Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No .32 S&W Long ammo available anywhere at any price. :oops:

So much for my brilliant plan to start collecting vintage .32 S&W revolvers last year. :rolleyes:

· Registered
11,413 Posts
No .32 S&W Long ammo available anywhere at any price. :oops:

View attachment 492111

So much for my brilliant plan to start collecting vintage .32 S&W revolvers last year. :rolleyes:
You can still collect the revolvers, they're beautiful pieces of gunsmithing, just don't shoot them. In fact, with the ammo being so scarce, it might lead to the revolvers being available at a reasonable price since they are sadly becoming pretty paper weights in the shooting world. This is 2021, we need to be positive, at least that's what I'm being told! ;)

· Banned
2,787 Posts
Absurdly expensive? PreCovid I could buy all at wanted at Cabelas for $18 a box - and I did. I bought about a half a dozen boxes - mainly to get myself started with a decent supply of brass for future reloading.

Reactions: delcrossv and TTSH

· Banned
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt it’s being made currently. It was absurdly expensive before, now the price is infinity.
Yep. Even that $1.10/round stuff from MidwayUSA is gone. It's just crazy.

2020 was NOT the year to start collecting vintage handguns of a somewhat rare/scarce caliber (although it wasn't nearly this bad when I started). :(

· Banned
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can still collect the revolvers, they're beautiful pieces of gunsmithing, just don't shoot them. In fact, with the ammo being so scarce, it might lead to the revolvers being available at a reasonable price since they are sadly becoming pretty paper weights in the shooting world. This is 2021, we need to be positive, at least that's what I'm being told! ;)
No question that vintage .32 Long S&W revolvers are genuine works of art. (y) But my plan to acquire at least 3 or 4 of them last year into this year went down the tubes for sure with this serious ammo problem. I've got one real beauty... a Model 30-1 LNIB... but no more for now (especially the shooters I had sought). But whether I shoot them or not, I always want a good supply of ammo for the guns I own. Just the way I am. 😎

BTW, you may be right about prices softening a bit. :unsure:

· Banned
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absurdly expensive? PreCovid I could buy all at wanted at Cabela's for $18 a box - and I did. I bought about a half a dozen boxes - mainly to get myself started with a decent supply of brass for future reloading.
Oh, I saw it even cheaper than that... BEFORE this whole crazy panic/crisis thang began. :) Too bad for me that I hesitated and now I can't get any at all at any price. :(

· Registered
2,113 Posts
I too was/am on the hunt for .32/20 ammunition. There was some Black Hills on Guns.com but I thought I would contact the seller first to see if they ship to me in California (the garden state of psychotic missteps). Yes, but only to an FFL dealer. Welp, that was the end of that.
These nut jobs in government already know to much about me. No since adding more.
"liberalism is a mental disorder".

Reactions: TTSH

· Banned
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going out again today in search of .32 S&W Long ammo. 🚙 Still none showing on AmmoSeek or anywhere else on-line, but that doesn't mean there isn't some obscure little part-time gun shop somewhere that has a few boxes left even if old, dusty and boxes a little tattered. :confused: Man, these are crazy times.

One dealer told me to seek out a reloader friend of his who could possibly make some up for me using my spent brass. Has it really come to that? :oops:

While the ammo stash is healthy generally, this one caliber has me very frustrated. I may end up going back to one dealer who at least had some .32 S&W (Short) ammo to sell. Might be the best I can do during the Great Ammo Shortage Crisis of 2020/2021. :(

· Super Moderator
19,645 Posts
We recently sold our last 4 boxes of it. Price was $17.95 a box 1 was Federal, and the others were PPU. Not sure when we'll get it again, but I see it regularly here.

As for the ammo crisis, the shop got in a large shipment of open box ammo 2 weeks ago. It filled an 8 ft. box trailer, to the limit. We spent maybe 50 man hours of sorting, re packaging, pricing and stocking. They worked all day on New Years day, and had it all on the shelves for Saturday morning.
Saturday we sold nearly $20K in ammo alone. My boss refuses to "Gouge" customers, and holds our prices as low as possible to maintain our customer base. We had 11,000 rounds of 7.62x39, mostly Tula, and we repackaged it into 100 round bulk bags. We also had 7,500 mixes shotgun shells. We sorted all of that as well.
Nearly all of it was sold by close of business on Saturday. We're closed on Sunday, and what was left when we opened on Monday morning was gone by 4 that afternoon. The only thing left for today is about 4 boxes of .40 S&W, and about 10 boxes of 45 ACP. That'll all be gone by noon today of sure.

· Registered
12,351 Posts
Absurdly expensive? PreCovid I could buy all at wanted at Cabelas for $18 a box - and I did. I bought about a half a dozen boxes - mainly to get myself started with a decent supply of brass for future reloading.
Boxes? Try cases. I have more .32's than 38's. My question is, what do the folks who bought these all up going to do with them? Doubt they have guns to shoot them with.

· Banned
2,787 Posts
Boxes? Try cases. I have more .32's than 38's. My question is, what do the folks who bought these all up going to do with them? Doubt they have guns to shoot them with.

NICE. The mix in your gun safe is a lot different than mine. I only own one 32 S&W Long at present. BUT if gun prices ever get back down out of the stratosphere I'll be buying a few more.
As for 38's, I currently have 8 of them that I can think of right off the top of my head. 9mm and 22LR are the only calibers that outnumber my 38's
Hence my screen name BC38 :D

Reactions: TTSH and delcrossv

· Banned
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I finally found a box of .32 S&W Long ammo today. :) Had to pay a fortune for it, but it least I have it now.

There is one box left in the shop, but they wouldn't sell it to me... strict limit of one box per customer. No exceptions.

Too bad I couldn't have brought along the good wife. :p She was at work. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.