Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with all of Giz's words of wisdom on black powder shooting the bug has bitten and won't let go. I am now the proud owner of another smoke pole to play with this summer. An Antonio Zolli Zouave rifle in .58cal.
As to my other two flintlocks I'm having to wait on a shipment of blackpowder before I can start testing those.

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, Leighton's got it bad....soon to be going from Bad to Worse...
It's an addiction....and he needs to be thankful he hasn't been bitten by the Fowler bug yet.

Here's a favorite Muzzleloading Forum of mine...perhaps the cause of my downfall into the black arts.....;) You have to register to see all the sub-forums ~ but it's worth it!

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/index.php?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gizamo said:
Yep, Leighton's got it bad....soon to be going from Bad to Worse...
It's an addiction....and he needs to be thankful he hasn't been bitten by the Fowler bug yet.

Here's a favorite Muzzleloading Forum of mine...perhaps the cause of my downfall into the black arts.....;) You have to register to see all the sub-forums ~ but it's worth it!

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/index.php?
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Make it stop!!!!!!!
Well I already have a 1860 revolver, so thats already covered. Not to worried about the Fowler's just never had any interest there.

Here's my custom patch knife to go along with my other items.

G

·
0 Posts
I like that patch knife and the sheath...very nice and a definite looker ;) What have you decided on for measures? Oh, and don't forget a ball bag, and a belt bag, and a....and a, and a....

A Guy has to accessorize, ya' know! :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Flint and percussion firearms - the black hole of the shooting world! :lol: Lord help him!

I love this rifle!...but I'm really wanting to see the photos of Leighton in his Zouave reenactor uniform - red fez, bloused Arab pants, and pointy-toe slippers. :)

xtm

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xtimberman said:
Flint and percussion firearms - the black hole of the shooting world! :lol: Lord help him!

I love this rifle!...but I'm really wanting to see the photos of Leighton in his Zouave reenactor uniform - red fez, bloused Arab pants, and pointy-toe slippers. :)

xtm
We ain't goin' there!!!! jagap[a lkhjg;a kihfL

G

·
0 Posts
Forget the fancy dress. By next speing Leighton will be joining a group of "Ancient Ones".

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gtivan said:
Forget the fancy dress. By next speing Leighton will be joining a group of "Ancient Ones".
I'd be the only member here in this state. When you go to the range here with a tradional muzzleloader, you get some strange looks. Seems everyone here only shoots inlines, and are totally confused with something as simple as sidehammer percussion.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gizamo said:
I like that patch knife and the sheath...very nice and a definite looker ;) What have you decided on for measures? Oh, and don't forget a ball bag, and a belt bag, and a....and a, and a....

A Guy has to accessorize, ya' know! :mrgreen:

giz
Already working on the powderhorns for primer and main charge. Got an old Crown Royal bag I use for a ball bag now. The guy I got both the Flintlocks from gave me 20 flints, so I'm good there. The patch knife is made by Jeff White, and the sheath is made by Robert Jones of Texas, plus I picked up a couple of sheaths for other knives to add to my kit. Right now my old Claymore mine bag will do for my possibles kit, with a good leather one later on. As for patches, I've got plenty of cotton ticking and silk, so thats a non issue.

As to charges, well I'm waiting on an order of Black Powder from PowderInc. in Ar. I've searched as far as OKC an no one wants to carry BP as a stocking item due to increased fire codes. Once I get the Zouave in hand I can atleast start with Pyrodex for her. I figured a 70gr load behind a three ring miniball should be a good start.

G

·
0 Posts
Leighton said:
gtivan said:
I'd be the only member here in this state. When you go to the range here with a tradional muzzleloader, you get some strange looks. Seems everyone here only shoots inlines, and are totally confused with something as simple as sidehammer percussion.
Heck, a group of one. That would be perfect. Only draw back i see would be the initiation ceremony would be kind of dull.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts