Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have ragged on this pistol for quite some time. I know of 6, 3 were mine that would not run reliably. Bought one in 2019, 2020 and 2021. I just bought another earlier this week and picked it up today. I believe it was a great idea, just executed poorly.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I’ll first caveat this with, I have no factory ammo on hand to test this gun. What I used was ammo from the last reloading run I did a couple months ago, still sitting in the bin on the press. All I recall is that the bullets are Armscor. That said, this isn’t a review per say.

I pulled it out of the box and ran a basic function test on it. I didn’t bother cleaning or oiling it. At this point, I felt this gun had better impress the **** out of me.

Long story short, it impressed the **** out of me. I loaded both mags in a dry gun (not completely dry but not real wet either). First thing I noticed was the helper on the mag was stiff as hell. That is very different from the previous mags. All 7 of the previous mags I had were pretty easy to load with the helper. I had to readjust my thumb a couple times because the helper was digging into my thumb.

Shooting… I pulled no babying crap. I unloaded those two mags as fast as I could pull the trigger. When the first one locked back, I expected to see a jammed round partially chambered. What Isaw was a clean lock back on an empty mag. Not gonna lie, that made me smile a little…

I loaded up the second one and dumped it just like the first. When the slide locked back, I again expected a last round jam. Nope, another clean lock back on and empty mag.

Well, crap, now I get to eat some crow… Kudos to whoever fixed the magazine issue. I noticed it on first load. I’ve only run two mags because, well, it’s 2am. I am pleasantly surprised it ran straight out of the box, uncleaned, unoiled and under rapid fire like it did. I’ve had 3 recent gun purchases that did not, 3 went back to the manufacturer from both Kimber and Springfield. The Kimber is on its second trip already. I’m gonna eat that crow with a smile 😉

·
Banned
2,291 Posts
I have ragged on this pistol for quite some time. I know of 6, 3 were mine that would not run reliably. Bought one in 2019, 2020 and 2021. I just bought another earlier this week and picked it up today. I believe it was a great idea, just executed poorly.
One must admire your tenacity. (y) You are one very determined and extremely patient man. :)

I hope the Mothership appreciates your dedication and patience. That would never be me. :unsure:

I'm not a fan of the EZ guns, but many shooters apparently are. I think S&W owes you a reward! :giggle:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
One must admire your tenacity. (y) You are one very determined and extremely patient man. :)

I hope the Mothership appreciates your dedication and patience. That would never be me. :unsure:

I'm not a fan of the EZ guns, but many shooters apparently are. I think S&W owes you a reward! :giggle:
I am a stubborn one 😂.

Should see the Kimber vs Springfield threads I have posted around. Started with one of each. We are up to 5 Kimber and 3 Springfield 1911s with a 4th Springfield on the way. So far only three were ready out of the box. It’s a train wreck.

·
Registered
37,196 Posts
Get yourself an Uplula for loading mags and save your thumb..............

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope this one continues to impress. I don't have a Shield EZ but thought it was a great idea when announced. My wife can't rack the slide on my Shield, and honestly, most mid-size and smaller guns are not easy to rack the slides on.
Yeah, those 3-1/8” Shield 9’s I had were stout. I used to recommend the Springfield XDE 9 as an option to the EZ. Unfortunately, the XDE has been discontinued.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I own both the .380 and 9mm EZ pistols and both have been excellent performers. Both have fired mixed brand and bullet ammo flawlessly.
My Shield 2.0 is a very good pistol but the very difficult to manage slide makes it hard to clear a possible jam in a critical situation and that relegates it to a trade piece.
The EZ pistols were designed for people like me with weak or partially disabled hands and they do the job very well for me.

·
Registered
37,296 Posts
Glad your happy with the latest purchase. Had thought about a shield .380 EZ but it had some issues at the time and I dismissed it. Now I may have to reconsider. Please keep us up to date on your .380 EZ.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Revisiting this because I took this gun up to the auction house. I gave the wife a choice of which one she wanted, the new black or the previous purple. She chose the purple cerakoted one (who would have guessed ;)). I took the mags for that gun and ran them in it just to verify they were both still problematic. As expected, the two mags stovepiped a live round. Swapped them out with the mags that came with this new black 380 and ran those in the purple gun (a few times). No more stove piping. I kept the good ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts